CrabbyMcNab's Adventure with Blunderbuss

CrabbyMcNab

Adventurer
Next adventure. Van cut out, and no oil pressure at all. On the side of the road in the rain with two children. Luckily a neighbor was able to get them home as I wait for AAA for a tow back to the house.

CrabbyMcNab

Adventurer
Next adventure. Van cut out, and no oil pressure at all. On the side of the road in the rain with two children. Luckily a neighbor was able to get them home as I wait for AAA for a tow back to the house.
So my cut out has become a no start.
FMP on the scan gauge drops to 0 before even trying to crank

gtbensley

Explorer
Have you been having hard starts? The 6.0 is known for toasting FICMs and that can cause it from starting or cut out. If your oil pressure did go to zero then you probably have more going on.

CrabbyMcNab

Adventurer
Have you been having hard starts? The 6.0 is known for toasting FICMs and that can cause it from starting or cut out. If your oil pressure did go to zero then you probably have more going on.

Nope, no hard starts. Recently replaced alternator, FICM, and keep the batteries charged.

djbonsu

Adventurer
Is it possible you have another faulty FICM? Reason I say that is because you have no FMP voltage. Also what oil pressure are you getting while cranking? Icp voltage? Battery voltage good?

CrabbyMcNab

Adventurer
Does it crank at all?

Yup cranks strong. I'll try to get a short clip video. I'm not completely sure the stock oil pressure gauge moved from baseline, but thought I usually got a little movement. May not even be worth discussing and not a problem?
When I start in the morning, cycle key, let things make noises and dings, then I crank it. My FICM main power always was at 48 (after my replaced parts installed), from cycling to cranking and running. Last night I cycle, and the FMP starts around 30 then counts down to 0.00 volts. And no turning over.

CrabbyMcNab

Adventurer
All I have to test the voltage at the ficm is the scan gauge and the know how of others. Instructions? If it is the ficm, sucks since it was just rebuilt by ficmrepair.com

gtbensley

Explorer
I don't remeber the exact process for testing but if it drops 0.1 volts under its limits she won't run. Go to FICMs repair.com I think they had a write up for testing the voltage. I do know they stand behind their product and I have had good luck with them.

gtbensley

Explorer
If you don't have any oil pressure though it won't start or run. Low pressure oil pump feeds high pressure oil pump that runs the injectors. Are you able to monitor hpop pressure off the scan gauge?

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
If you are reading 0 volts for FMP on the scangauge, then the FICM's dead. Happened to me too when I installed the newly rebuilt one from ficmrepair.

CrabbyMcNab

Adventurer
If you are reading 0 volts for FMP on the scangauge, then the FICM's dead. Happened to me too when I installed the newly rebuilt one from ficmrepair.

Checking it out in a little while. Did FICMrepair make things right or say why it failed after they fixed it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater