Doc's 05 Tacoma Build Thread

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Sway Bar Re-Installed

Today I put the front sway bar back on. I like the way it drives off road without it, but with the addition of the FlipPac and the long highway stretches needed to get to good trail heads I wanted the steering/cornering/evasive maneuvering stability back. I didnt like the way it felt with the added weight so it's back on.

I rotated the tires and inspected brakes while I was at it.

Next up: Viair onboard air install ;)

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Today I put the front sway bar back on.
Weird! I also reinstalled my sway bar this weekend. As I was putting everything back together your truck popped into my head and I thought, "I wonder if Dave will go back to a sway bar with the Flip Pac?" [cue Twilight Zone theme]. :sombrero:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Weird! I also reinstalled my sway bar this weekend. As I was putting everything back together your truck popped into my head and I thought, "I wonder if Dave will go back to a sway bar with the Flip Pac?" [cue Twilight Zone theme]. :sombrero:

Double weird! Today when I went to start the project I thought back to your posts about sway bar pros/cons. You and Redline were the ones who changed my mind on this.

Today I put the front sway bar back on. I like the way it drives off road without it, but with the addition of the FlipPac and the long highway stretches needed to get to good trail heads I wanted the steering/cornering/evasive maneuvering stability back. I didnt like the way it felt with the added weight so it's back on.

ditto For all of the same reasons I have also put mine back on.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
It must be a front sway bar weekend... :sombrero:

I was reading a thread on Overland Canada about removing the front bar on an IFS truck, I was planning on responding with my $0.015

FourByLand

Expedition Leader

I rotated the tires and inspected brakes while I was at it.

Next up: Viair onboard air install ;)

With the way you drive, Dave, and the extra weight; I would say that re-installing the sway bar would be ideal.

Insert <Death Valley> Racetrack

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Updated Pic

Here's an updated pic from the Miramar Lake (Fiesta Island Remix) Meet and Greet in San Diego on 18SEP10, courtesy of XJ Mike.

Note the new Lightforce Blitz 240's in effect :victory:

IMG_0370.jpg

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
You mean those 2 big trash can lids? Man those lights are big - you could sear retina's with those puppies!

Yeah, I don't think anyone wants to play the high beam game with me anymore, these lights are way overkill but fun... :sombrero:

BTW, the OEM fog light switch on the 05+ Tacomas is a NEGATIVE on so beware when wiring aftermarket lights to that switch.

I have mine wired to control the Lightforces and I can turn them on with either the high or low beams which is quite handy vice only being able to turn them on with high beams ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven