Doc's 05 Tacoma Build Thread

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Hollister Hills Overland Rally 2010

What a great event, pics courtesy of barlowrs, Christian and Mr. Leary! :sombrero:

Complete after action thread with pics here:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49735

IMG_3192.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

1023865352_UhnU2-L.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Snow Peak

Snow Peak tables?

Dude, those are light weight uber foldable bamboo tables - Snow Peak is like crack. They are bringing lightweight backpacking tech to the "overland" segment with gusto.

Once you have seen/used their gear everything thing else is crap. Of course, I scored a nice new Snow Peak stove and some other goodies at Hollister for the FlipPac's kitchen loadout ;)

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Overland First Aid at Hollister

Tacodoc's first aid class was exceptional. The perfect first or refresher course. Something everyone should do and often. Dude, you covered a lot of ground in a little time.
Very very well done. OT was lucky to have you.

It was a real honor to teach such a diverse group of enthusiasts in a setting like the Overland Rally!

Man, it was hot in the shade too!
hollisterfirstaidclass.jpg

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
ExPo Exclusive: The Chris Marzonie Photo Shoot at Joshua Tree!

Here are a few more pics, including a couple of previously unseen photos that didn't make it into the Overland Journal.

Courtesy of Chris Marzonie aka BajaTaco :costumed-smiley-007

_MG_1913.jpg

_MG_1897-3.jpg

_MG_2219-1.jpg

_MG_1977.jpg

_MG_2238.jpg

_MG_2122.jpg

_MG_2078.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

Dude, those are light weight uber foldable bamboo tables - Snow Peak is like crack. They are bringing lightweight backpacking tech to the "overland" segment with gusto.

Once you have seen/used their gear everything thing else is crap. Of course, I scored a nice new Snow Peak stove and some other goodies at Hollister for the FlipPac's kitchen loadout ;)

LOL...I keep trying to talk myself out of buying the tables and chairs..and well..the rest of there catalog...lol

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Incredible shots... would you mind disclosing the location/road? If it's along our planned route, we may check it out... looks very scenic.

The one on top is in Joshua Tree NP, dont remember the exact "trail name" but there is lots of country there that looks just like that. The bottom pic is after Berdoo Canyon near the hardball/10.

Tacovendor

Explorer
Doc, you in S.D.? I'm up in Julian and want to have get together before it gets to cold. I wish I'd have known about Miramar Lake looked like a good time. Great write up in OJ! Cris

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Kenwood Excelon KDC-994

Well, after some CD read issues with my old deck I decided it was time for an update, and iPod interface+Bluetooth was on the top of my list.

Enter the Kenwood Excelon KDC-994: http://www.crutchfield.com/s_113KDCX994/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X994.html?tp=5684

Since I was replacing my older Kenwood Excelon KDC-889 with another Kenwood, install took less than an hour and was pure plug and play :D

iPod interface is flawless and all on screen (the iPod gets put away for good and charges via USB) as is the Blutooth - my iPhone 3GS paired with the deck in under a minute and now I have hands free cell use via the included mic with sound through the stereo.

Crutchfield shipped it to me in under a week (fee shipping) and included a free wiring harness and Metra dash kit - Big bang for the buck with this deck and I am very satisfied!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven