Doc's AT FlipPac Build Thread

DingusKahn

Adventurer
Do you already have the Heat Source heater? I want to get one but Martin says it will be a while before they get them in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Do you already have the Heat Source heater? I want to get one but Martin says it will be a while before they get them in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

They are on order from the UK.

AT also sells a version that is portable vice hard mount - the "Hot Box"

fullkit1.jpg

Last edited:

DingusKahn

Adventurer
Heater

I have one on order too. Waiting on my JK Habitat. I'm installing my stove and drawer in the back now. I like your setup. Great job.
DK

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Propex Project Phase I

Big thanks to Mario and Martyn at AT for coming through with this - now to get it installed!

Heatsource 2000 with 10lb propane cylinder and aluminum bracket from AT
IMG_0789.jpg

Heater will be installed down inside the pre-existing storage box inside the FlipPac, it's almost like it was made for it.
IMG_0787.jpg

Propane cylinder bracket will mount easily to the swingout. Never mount your propane inside your living space.
IMG_0790.jpg

The full project will be documented here:
HEATSOURCE HEATER

Last edited:

zeke2.0

Adventurer
'DOC, just wanted to thank you for this thread. After all the research I've been doing the last few months, the FlipPac is what I'll be getting for my 2011 F150 once I start my build later this year or early next. The one and only thing I would suggest to AT is to add a solar panel option, one that wouldn't violate the warranty. GoalZero has light weight ones that could even be removed from the top and setup on the ground if necessary.

timber

Adventurer
'DOC, just wanted to thank you for this thread. After all the research I've been doing the last few months, the FlipPac is what I'll be getting for my 2011 F150 once I start my build later this year or early next. The one and only thing I would suggest to AT is to add a solar panel option, one that wouldn't violate the warranty. GoalZero has light weight ones that could even be removed from the top and setup on the ground if necessary.
I am working on just that right now. I'm looking at a 125 to 140 watt panel that could be snapped in place on the roof kind of like the engle slide lock. I don't do many trips where I'm not running all day but for speed week at Bonneville and a couple other trips I do where I'm not driving all day and camping for a week or so that would work great to keep up with my 12 volt needs. When I get further along I will post some pics. The panel I'm looking at isn't available until after April.

ExpoMike

Nicely done! Had we kept the Kamparoo, this is the unit we were going to go with.

Curious, how do you hook the bottle up with the back closed up? Do you have your flex line coming out from under the bed?

Keep up the great work Dave!!!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Curious, how do you hook the bottle up with the back closed up? Do you have your flex line coming out from under the bed?

Yes, the hard line runs out through a small hole in the rear passenger side storage box (composite bed) and then converts to a short flex line to the two stage regulator. The flex line then runs from the regulator to the tank. I'll get pics up after the new rear bumper project is completed ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online