Expedition Trophy 2007

BMAN

Adventurer
Tucson T4R said:
Thanks BMAN. I got some others sent to me via email as well. You caught a pretty good number of the rigs rolling out to the overland. Nicely done.

I'm actually glad I decided to pull up so far to turn around. It gave me a chance to get in a decent spot to catch everyone from the first group going by. Wished I had the 30d with me instead of the s2. The point and shoot is nice and easy to use but a quality camera would have been sweet at that point.

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
I know why Viaterra (Greg) is so anxious . . . we watched his blazing run through the sand course from way up on the bluff. He and brother Articulate (Mark) had one of the best runs - fantastic - and on a near-stock Tacoma. Way to go guys!

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Stock looks can be decieving...

I'd speculate the Donahoe 2.5" coilovers and Deaver AAL's may have contributed to the speed of Greg's Taco. I know they make our '05 feel like a sports car on dirt, and suck up the rough stuff like a Hoover.

viatierra

Explorer
crawler#976 said:
...they make our '05 feel like a sports car on dirt, and suck up the rough stuff like a Hoover.

:victory:

All I can say is that I hope that cone that clipped my tire spends it's next life as a stinkin' tope!

DesertRose

viatierra said:
:victory:

All I can say is that I hope that cone that clipped my tire spends it's next life as a stinkin' tope!

:xxrotflma

Ha! That's funny - but hey, you did great, Stephanie and I were cheering for you!

May the traffic cone return as a tope and endure endless cholo low-riders, man . . . thump, scrape, thump, scrape!:sombrero:

DesertRose

crawler#976 said:
Stock looks can be decieving...

I'd speculate the Donahoe 2.5" coilovers and Deaver AAL's may have contributed to the speed of Greg's Taco. I know they make our '05 feel like a sports car on dirt, and suck up the rough stuff like a Hoover.

And he looks so innocent.

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
fun pics everyone, finally a few from me. It's been a long week as the high of the trophy quickly disappeared when my 5-year-old went into the ICU at the hospital Monday afternoon with pneumonia and didn't come out until Friday night ... all is well, but its a little (ok, a lot) scary when the doctors say she's out of the woods, and we didn't know she was in the woods.

One thing's for sure, the roof-top-tent is certainly a lot more comfortable than the recliner in the hospital room :shakin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven