Expedition Trophy 2007

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Very cool pics Brad.

Love your photos SpeedyJeff. Three time defending champ in 2 different vehicles....? :bowdown:

Sorry I wasn't able to make the trip and I'm glad to hear L'il Miss is doing better. We'll try again one day....

:beer:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Jeffry,

Glad to hear your girl is doing better. I remember spending a few long nights in the ER with my daughter. It rips your heart out.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Clark White said:
Pardon my ignorance (I know it's shameful), but where was ET held?:oops:

North of Phoenix, AZ, at the site of what was once, Gillette, AZ. Now mostly ruins and scattered rock foundations....a ghost town if you will.

Here's a link: Gillette Link
And Google Earth coordinates: 34° 1'6.25"N, 112° 9'47.06"W

safari.gif

Last edited:

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Hospital and scorpions

Jeff,

I'm glad to hear that your little one is out of the woods. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Brad,
Very cool pictures. You must have a steady hand, mine were all fuzzy when I tried the same.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
p1michaud said:
..............You must have a steady hand, mine were all fuzzy when I tried the same.

I had to resort to a tripod. I took about a dozen by hand that all were too fuzzy first. :oops:

pismo62

Adventurer
Brad, great picts of the scorpions. No more sandals for me.

Jeff, glad to hear your girl is fine. We went through the RSV virus (respiratory virus) with Braden (the one that was crawling around in the dirt, playing with the dogs) a few years back. Hospital for a week, Yuck. It's always emotionally tough.

Cheers everone:jumping:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
LaOutbackTrail said:
How about an "expedition motorcycle" event next year???

We would love to have more motorcycles attend next year (I was the only one this year), but many of the events do favor 4x4's considerably.

Go here for a pure moto event that I hope to be at next year (probably not as a competitor though....):roost:

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Looks like alot of fun. Sure wish I could have made it! Kinda nice looking back though, I was able to just tear the burb apart and do it up nice and slow.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Colorado Ron said:
Looks like alot of fun. Sure wish I could have made it! Kinda nice looking back though, I was able to just tear the burb apart and do it up nice and slow.

Good point. Mechanics under the gun is not a fun experience.:gunt:

Next year Ron. :wings:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Tucson T4R said:
:clapsmile

Got my Black light today. :wings: It took me about 30 seconds to find scorpions in my rock wall in the front yard. Tonight I found 7.:smileeek:

I don't think I'm going to sit on that wall anymore.

Huh, I must live in the "right" part of town. I still have not found any scorpions, despite having prime real estate for them (house backs up to a wash, have a few tons of river rock for them to hide in....). Guess I won't complain. :)

Wanderlusty

Explorer
goodtimes said:
Huh, I must live in the "right" part of town. I still have not found any scorpions, despite having prime real estate for them (house backs up to a wash, have a few tons of river rock for them to hide in....). Guess I won't complain. :)

Yeah....you probably just jinx'd yourself...

Big_Geek

Drop Bear
I was just trying to think about what would be different in your environment. According to Wikipedia, their natural predators are birds, centipedes, lizards, mice, possums, and rats. Any chance that you have a higher population of said critters in your area that are supressing the scorpion population? Another possibility - has your property been treated with pesticide in recent history?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven