Expeditions West 2004 Tacoma

Scott Brady

Founder
I will be relocating the controller. It will be a good project for next spring, along with the navigation solutions. :jumping:

Scott Brady

Founder
Air Chuck

Here is the front mounted air chuck. It sits behind the bull-bar tube for protection. I will fit it with a protective cap.

I also purchased a mini regulator that I will install

bumper_air_chuck.JPG

Scott Brady

Founder
Desertdude said:
Liking those lights! Giving the fact that there are at least three top choices for light sets - what led you to the Hellas?

Are the switched from a remote or direct wire?

I have always favored the Hella quality, and the H4000 uses a steel body, is fully sealed and uses a glass lens. The Matador work lamps are just awesome. I have been using Hella work lamps for over 15 years and just love the durability.

I also like the:

IPF 900xs: Fully waterproof (submersible actually)
IPF_900xs.jpg

Lightforce 240 HID: Bad dude, but very expensive.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
When I was driving into work, my Tacoma spoke to me:

"When I grow up, I want to be like the Expeditions West Taco!" :bowdown:

Love the graphics, lights and especially the air chuck on the ARB bumper. :bowdown:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
This project is just way too exciting and fun :jumping: The truck is just really coming together now and looking soooo sweet. SEMA is cool and all... but I can't WAIT to see this rig camped out on the sea of cortez. Ahhhh....

:suning:

bluerunner

Adventurer
Scott are you running air from the compressor in your tool box or what... for the front air chuck?

The side logo looks really clean and hardcore! :bowdown:

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Looking good Scott. Digging the new graphics

The airline that you ran from the compressor to the front...did you run that through the frame or outside? IOW, how did you secure the airline?

That deck looks great!

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Well done

mountainpete said:
...my Tacoma spoke to me:

"When I grow up, I want to be like the Expeditions West Taco!"

Ditto on that! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Scott your truck is simply amazing. Just when I think the truck is done, you come up with something else.

I can see it now, 4WD Toyota Owners is going to have to do a story on your Taco as well. Another rig from this forum for them to write up! :luxhello:

Cheers :beer:,
P

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
expeditionswest said:
The first piece of the storage solution is on the way. It is a lund Challenger unit, which is very low profile. It will house the ExtremeAir in the bottom, along with the auxiliary battery. The second layer will be for additional storage.
P1010056.jpg

I am going to look for a tailgate lock next (or even a simple padlock to keep the swing-out from being opened. That will allow security for everything under the load floor.

Where did you get this box from? I remember a link to a site over on TTORA's national board, but the site kept telling me that it wouldn't fit a DC.

Thanks,
Wil

erin

Explorer
I don't know if you prefer steel or aluminum, but I have a Delta Pro box that looks exactly like Scott's with the exception that it is not as deep into the bed. It leaves about 6" of room underneath for long objects. So far I am very pleased with it. I went with this one because of price(~$225), and also because its very light weight, unlike some of the steel ones we have used at my company. It should fit your dbl cab fine because it clears my wheel humps completly front and back.

Hope this helps. :)

flyingwil

erin said:
I don't know if you prefer steel or aluminum, but I have a Delta Pro box that looks exactly like Scott's with the exception that it is not as deep into the bed. It leaves about 6" of room underneath for long objects. So far I am very pleased with it. I went with this one because of price(~$225), and also because its very light weight, unlike some of the steel ones we have used at my company. It should fit your dbl cab fine because it clears my wheel humps completly front and back.

Hope this helps. :)

Hmmm... The delta boxes are on sale at Checker for $130.... I really am not a fan of the Chrome though... plus 90% of the time they are cheaper black and I think that looks better! The down side is that the Delta boxes are 19" and the one scott has looks a bit smaller, when you have a DC, size matters and everything has to be mini-size!

Thanks for your input!

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
As you know Scot I am running the dee zee chest. It's only 37" across so there is room on each side for an extra fuel tank or other storage. I prefer the floor mounted chest to the hung from the rail alternative personally. I think they are more functional since the space under most of those boxes is wasted unless you happen to have something long and small in.

Some day before the end of the year I will have it converted to an electrical box so all that stuff will be safe and prtected from weather. I think I paid $200 for it at the local truck accessory shop. I did get my power inverter in last week it is a zantrec 1000w along with my viar 2.5 gallon tank and fitings. Now all I need is the dual battery monitor and wire and I'm ready to start the project.

Last edited:

flyingwil

expeditionswest said:
Here is the front mounted air chuck. It sits behind the bull-bar tube for protection. I will fit it with a protective cap.

I also purchased a mini regulator that I will install

bumper_air_chuck.JPG

Are you going to put a cap on the air chuck? I would be concerned about getting debris and water into the chuck. You could pick up some caps Here that would work perfect in protecting the chuck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven