Expeditions West 2004 Tacoma

Scott Brady

Founder
bluerunner said:
Scott are you running air from the compressor in your tool box or what... for the front air chuck?

The side logo looks really clean and hardcore! :bowdown:

Yes, the air line runs all the way from the toolbox to the air manifold in the engine compartment.

And to that note. The compressed air system is DONE. ARB works, minimal leaking, etc. Gauge also works great.

Scott Brady

Founder
The BN Guy said:
Looking good Scott. Digging the new graphics

The airline that you ran from the compressor to the front...did you run that through the frame or outside? IOW, how did you secure the airline?

That deck looks great!

It takes an interesting path, coming out of the back of the tool box, makes a 90 then under the box, makes another 90, then through the bed gromit (along with all of the electric stuff), then over the exhaust heat shield along the fuel lines then to the frame, along the frame to the engine bay. Lots of heat shielding, split loom etc to protect the bundle.

Scott Brady

Founder
p1michaud said:
Ditto on that! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Scott your truck is simply amazing. Just when I think the truck is done, you come up with something else.

I can see it now, 4WD Toyota Owners is going to have to do a story on your Taco as well. Another rig from this forum for them to write up! :luxhello:

Cheers :beer:,
P

Look for part one of three in the third issue. There is going to be a whole series on expedition stuff.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
expeditionswest said:
Look for part one of three in the third issue. There is going to be a whole series on expedition stuff.

Sweet! I cant wait for it to come again! Best reading ever while sitting on throne (aka bathroom)! Now, if it were only a monthly issue! I am to impatient, i guess!

Wil

Scott Brady

Founder
flyingwil said:
Where did you get this box from? I remember a link to a site over on TTORA's national board, but the site kept telling me that it wouldn't fit a DC.

Thanks,
Wil

You can find more info on the box HERE:

It is a lund, challenger series by deflecta-shield.

flyingwil

expeditionswest said:
You can find more info on the box HERE:

It is a lund, challenger series by deflecta-shield.

Sweet! That hit the spot, did you use the dealer from the post over at TTORA? I thought I saw you replied to it. It is definately a nice find and a nice lookin' box! :box:

Scott Brady

Founder
flyingwil said:
Sweet! That hit the spot, did you use the dealer from the post over at TTORA? I thought I saw you replied to it. It is definately a nice find and a nice lookin' box! :box:

No, I got a "special" deal from Lund...

flyingwil

I think I need to get some sweet deals too... only I allways seem to pay the highest price(s) even when I shop around!

I think you missed my question on the air chucks, are you going to cover/cap them?

flyingwil said:
Are you going to put a cap on the air chuck? I would be concerned about getting debris and water into the chuck. You could pick up some caps Here that would work perfect in protecting the chuck.

flyingwil

BajaTaco said:
Yep he said in his post with the pic of the chuck that he will get a cap for it.

Man! Today Just isn't my day! Thanks Chris! Well, anyways, at least there's a linkt to a cap site that might help him (on the bright side).

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
flyingwil said:
Man! Today Just isn't my day! Thanks Chris! Well, anyways, at least there's a linkt to a cap site that might help him (on the bright side).

:p

no worries man, it happens to me all the time ;)

Thanks for the link :beer:

Scott Brady

Founder
Camp light and bike mount

I am really happy with how this turned out. Chris mounted up the Hella Matador on the side of the tool box and also installed the bike mount. Everything clears when you open the lid.

hella_matador.JPG

Scott Brady

Founder
Eezi-Awn is ON

Here is the tent installed on the platform. You can now see how all of the support items work together, the positioning of the shower, etc.
Eezi_awn_1200.JPG

Scott Brady

Founder
Interior switches are finished!

Note: the truck is filthy and a wreck from all of the mods. You guys are getting "raw" coverage :)

This shows the two switches for the aux. lights. One activates the rear lamp (for backing up) and the other is for a future set of spot lamps in the front.

aux_lights.JPG

This shows the air compressor switch. Everything is working. The compressor fires up and runs to about 100 psi before shutting off. It kicks back on at 85. It is much more quiet than I expected.

compressor.JPG

This shows the front light switch (for the hellas) and the new (and super cool) fuel control switch. It runs the aux. fuel system and works great. The only challenge is that the ohm range is reversed (on the Trooper tank), so when it is empty, it will read full on the little LEDs. No big deal though for such a compact solution.

front_light.JPG

flyingwil

expeditionswest said:
Note: the truck is filthy and a wreck from all of the mods. You guys are getting "raw" coverage :)

This shows the two switches for the aux. lights. One activates the rear lamp (for backing up) and the other is for a future set of spot lamps in the front.

aux_lights.JPG

What are those Black things in your cup holder? :hehe: Mine are all broken off but one (thanks Nalgene!).

All I can say is that your rig looks sick! You have to pretty excited :jumping: to get it all together and great job thinking outside of the box :box:

:clapsmile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven