FOUND Vans For Sale!

eporter

Adventurer
Never seen a crew rig like this. Looks like all the roof panels open up?

https://bend.craigslist.org/cto/5704405249.html

5.9 Cummins Camper Truck:
Truck came factory with the 5.9l Cummins 12-valve with the circular injection (the system you can huge power out of). This truck was purchased new by the California BLM, then to the North Lake Tahoe Fire District... the only 2 users of this truck. I have all the paperwork on it from the factory build sheet to the entire maintenance record.

It was built out as a fireman and gear hauler. Huge storage capacity in the exterior body compartments. Pictures show current state of the truck. Licensed in Oregon with ordinary truck registration, not as an oversized heavy truck, and does not require special drivers license.

~ Truck drives up and down the road perfectly.
~ Surprisingly easy to drive
~ Tires in great shape
~ Brand new bedliner floor and paint in back
~ Meticulously maintained by Fire Department and BLM.

In addition to the 5.9l 12v Cummins...
Spicer clutch
Eaton 5 spd. with 2 speed rear end
Rockwell rear axle
Traditional receiver hitch out back
and too much else to list...

Inside dimensions are 5' wide x 6' 4"tall x 12' long.
The back door is just under 30" wide.

00202_cVvSEgupLaA_1200x900.jpg
01111_KBz8iSwC6R_1200x900.jpg
00m0m_8Ja0wMelumu_1200x900.jpg

snowaddict91

Adventurer
Never seen a crew rig like this. Looks like all the roof panels open up?

https://bend.craigslist.org/cto/5704405249.html

5.9 Cummins Camper Truck:
Truck came factory with the 5.9l Cummins 12-valve with the circular injection (the system you can huge power out of). This truck was purchased new by the California BLM, then to the North Lake Tahoe Fire District... the only 2 users of this truck. I have all the paperwork on it from the factory build sheet to the entire maintenance record.

It was built out as a fireman and gear hauler. Huge storage capacity in the exterior body compartments. Pictures show current state of the truck. Licensed in Oregon with ordinary truck registration, not as an oversized heavy truck, and does not require special drivers license.

~ Truck drives up and down the road perfectly.
~ Surprisingly easy to drive
~ Tires in great shape
~ Brand new bedliner floor and paint in back
~ Meticulously maintained by Fire Department and BLM.

In addition to the 5.9l 12v Cummins...
Spicer clutch
Eaton 5 spd. with 2 speed rear end
Rockwell rear axle
Traditional receiver hitch out back
and too much else to list...

Inside dimensions are 5' wide x 6' 4"tall x 12' long.
The back door is just under 30" wide.

View attachment 360928
View attachment 360929
View attachment 360930

I dig this thing. Would make a sweet rig for my full-timing plans. I'm really uneasy about giving up 4wd though.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Time capsule. Someone buy this!
Not mine, etc....
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5728870671.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, pretty amazing shape.

Qljzy2Xh.jpg

No affiliation, just passing along info. Blank slate with Sportsmobile pop top.

2000 Ford E150 Sportsmobile Pop Up Camper Van CLEAN! - $10750 (Leander)
124,400 MILES
ONE OWNER TEXAS VEHICLE UNTIL WE PURCHASED IT 2/3 MONTHS AGO
4.6L V-8 ENGINE

Can someone explain how this pop up top works? Like, does it have a floor and provides a second sleep area that is accessed by a ladder, or does it just make the roof of the van taller?

Also, what are some good things to search on Craigslist? I'd be looking for a van I can DIY into a camper, or one that is already done. Right now I've been searching for an Astro/Safari but would obviously like to expand my search. AWD/4x4 is nice but not a must, since I'm mostly traveling flatlands.

Texas Aggie

Observer
Can someone explain how this pop up top works? Like, does it have a floor and provides a second sleep area that is accessed by a ladder, or does it just make the roof of the van taller?

I believe it can do both. I think the top can be raised with the bed attached to the pop top to provide extra headroom, or the bed can be left at the original roof height and the pop top raised to provide a sleeping area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy