FOUND Vans For Sale!

hyperboarder

Adventurer
What sets the Chateau apart from normal passenger econolines?

They're french-er :).

Is there a better place to look than Craigslist and eBay for a high top late 80's/early 90's class B, something similar to Boomer? They are understandably getting scarce, just trying to make sure I've covered my bases while looking.

Last edited:

cjken

Explorer
Never seen a crew rig like this. Looks like all the roof panels open up?

https://bend.craigslist.org/cto/5704405249.html

5.9 Cummins Camper Truck:
Truck came factory with the 5.9l Cummins 12-valve with the circular injection (the system you can huge power out of). This truck was purchased new by the California BLM, then to the North Lake Tahoe Fire District... the only 2 users of this truck. I have all the paperwork on it from the factory build sheet to the entire maintenance record.

It was built out as a fireman and gear hauler. Huge storage capacity in the exterior body compartments. Pictures show current state of the truck. Licensed in Oregon with ordinary truck registration, not as an oversized heavy truck, and does not require special drivers license.

~ Truck drives up and down the road perfectly.
~ Surprisingly easy to drive
~ Tires in great shape
~ Brand new bedliner floor and paint in back
~ Meticulously maintained by Fire Department and BLM.

In addition to the 5.9l 12v Cummins...
Spicer clutch
Eaton 5 spd. with 2 speed rear end
Rockwell rear axle
Traditional receiver hitch out back
and too much else to list...

Inside dimensions are 5' wide x 6' 4"tall x 12' long.
The back door is just under 30" wide.

View attachment 360928
View attachment 360929
View attachment 360930

That is really cool.
How is the 5.9 in such a large truck??
I'm sure it could be converted to 4x4

At some point I'd really love to do a 4x4 mdt.

nobodyhome

Adventurer
Slick indeed. Yet another camper conversion that's great for two people. I like the rear kitchen - I wanted to do something like that for mine, but could never find a way to leave enough room to access the pop-top and seat 3 people on the road.

Yeah, I really like it too. I emailed the owner, asked him to post more photos and details and let him know it was cross posted here. Sadly it doesn't look like he did the updates.
I'm working on some community DIY projects over at astrosafari Herbie, pop top and kitchen... stop by sometime and check 'em out. Love to get your feedback too.

86scotty

Cynic
What sets the Chateau apart from normal passenger econolines?

The Chateau models were produced by Ford, not an aftermarket converter, although many think they are done by an aftermarket converter due to being setup exactly like a late model 'custom' van. They're all Ford, though, and much less over-the-top (read trendy) interior upholstery and trim. They all have 4 captain's chairs and a rear bench which converts to a bed, just like a custom van, but the rest of the trim, windows, etc. are just like a Ford passenger van, meaning simple. They are also fairly rare, not many were produced. The thing that makes them desirable to a lot of people like us is that they're already pretty much made for travel and camping, with seating for 7 and still lots of cargo space, rear air, rear bed, etc.

:)

Abitibi

Explorer
They're french-er :).

Is there a better place to look than Craigslist and eBay for a high top late 80's/early 90's class B, something similar to Boomer? They are understandably getting scarce, just trying to make sure I've covered my bases while looking.
You could try on the Facebook group "van-list". They often come up with some nice older rigs...

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/rvs/5736012716.html

00Q0Q_62wjiPgLeYp_600x450.jpg

draaronr

Adventurer
im looking for a 2008 or newer e350 with the v10, prefer it to be a conversion van for the seats etc, i need it for pulling my camper and hauling the family. i have tried the crawlers etc but am coming up with nothing that excites me or is a solid deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy