FOUND Vans For Sale!

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
^^^ one of you gents should send me a link to these auctions. got another buddy with vans on the brain lately. you might even know him jeff ;)

also, you see the old conversion vans with high tops at the pick n pulls quite a bit. typically rb's though. not sure if ive actually seen an eb conversion van period. regardless, i inquired what a top would set me back when we were looking for a shuttle rig. cant remember the exact price, but it was very reasonable. if i consider it, its cheap...im a full on cheapskate through and through.

hyperboarder

Adventurer
^^^ one of you gents should send me a link to these auctions. got another buddy with vans on the brain lately. you might even know him jeff ;)

also, you see the old conversion vans with high tops at the pick n pulls quite a bit. typically rb's though. not sure if ive actually seen an eb conversion van period. regardless, i inquired what a top would set me back when we were looking for a shuttle rig. cant remember the exact price, but it was very reasonable. if i consider it, its cheap...im a full on cheapskate through and through.

PM'd you the link to this one, ends tomorrow. Most are still under $3k, one's at $1900. I think they all blue book around $10k.

I'm starting to get serious about a junkyard high top. Shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred, I've got a trailer to get it home with. Probably hitting the state street Jalopy Jungle on Friday to see what's out there.

philos

Explorer
also, you see the old conversion vans with high tops at the pick n pulls quite a bit. cant remember the exact price, but it was very reasonable. if i consider it, its cheap...im a full on cheapskate through and through.

$69.99 at the pick a part in Sun Valley, CA.
This cheap bastid checked last year...
They're often burnt or otherwise roaches, but good ones do come through on the regular.
Probably selling my current van or I'd already have one set aside.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
^^^ lol, too funny. I just called and asked to verify, $77.00. I knew it was under a 100 bucks...

most of the ones ive seen were in really good shape. those rigs usually end up at the yards because they were in fender benders and exceeded vehicle worth for insurance claims, or stopped running. they also always have 3-4 crl style windows installed and they want $50.00 each for those. a 1/4 of the cost new. seen numerous power folding seats that convert to beds, lots of captain chairs w/swivels, etc. you just gotta be on top of your game and get there first. ive only seen one top removed from a van since ive owned one. most get crushed :(

KatManDoo

Econoline 250 Coachman $3500 - Lino Lakes MN

(not mine) I don't know the value of these that well but this seems like a decent price and sounds like they would be willing to go lower:

00J0J_gPL9YyZRHAt_1200x900.jpg

00808_dH43ioYFg9C_1200x900.jpg

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/rvs/5718326950.html

Yessir. Talked it through with the wife last night, probably holding out for a high top for the time being, but I'll be keeping an eye on them too. I suspect they'll mostly go in the 5-6k range.

You see that 85 Rolls Royce Silver Spur on there? :)

Sure did! Not my kinda car, but I sure can appreciate it. Those vans are going for really really good prices. Pending a last minute bidding frenzy of course.

eporter

Adventurer
VANBOW is for sale! $2500 4x4
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5688838897.html
A 1984 FORD E-250 4x4 conversion done by Richardson Bros in Portland in 1991. VANBOW has a 351ci Windsor with NEW190cc aluminum heads NEW Roller Rockers NEW pushrods,NEW Hydraulic Lifters and a Aluminum manifold ,4 BBL Double Pumper, Short tube Headers ,Small Block C-6 and a NP205 Transfer case with a Dana 40 Front end. Awesome hunting or work van. High back bucket seats up front and two rows in the back. What it needs, the Valves Adjusted as the NEW Top End has about 250 miles on it now and needs the Valves adjusted and it could use a new set of 16" 3/4 ton tires. Other than that its real solid Iv owned it for 8 years and never had a problem till it broke a valve spring, then I did the motor Top End Upgrades. Please call to see. Todd

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Close to pulling trigger on http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-E-Seri...079636e7:g:1tkAAOSwIgNXrifr&item=232055518951

Been talking with owner for a week or so and he's realistic in not getting his BIN $….Thoughts..? Seeing as I'm a bit partial to a 7.3( been my DD since 02) I'm thinking it checks alot of the boxes for what I need and want

I think for $32K, or anywhere even NEAR $32k you can do way better. It's 13 yr old barely above base model that isn't much more than an empty cargo van. It doesnt even have power windows or door locks. The tires are marginally desirable for that amount of lift, the body is dented up, that generator is just begging to get destroyed if you venture out into anything more demanding than a dirt road, and it appears the window tint has given up the ghost.

My 7.3 had 104K on it when I bought it 2 years ago.

Offer me anywhere near $32k and you bought yourself a rig WAY better equipped than what you're looking at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy