How many xj owners on here

wADVr

Adventurer
90 Cherokee with 33s and a long list of mods. Been through the Rubicon, Moab and just about everywhere in the Washington Cascades.

IntrepidXJ

Explorer
I got a 92 XJ that is built for rock crawling and tougher trails.

Currently building my 2000 XJ into an all around expedition-type rig.....and also using it as a daily driver currently.

Offroader5

Observer
Here's mine with a long list of stuff done to it. More or less just for crawlin. I've got a set of full widths I am building to go under it.

Click 'em to see big versions

Motorvated

Nature Junkie
toledotimber said:
Why'd you trade "up"?
I traded for a few reasons...I wanted the 4.0, I wanted something 4 door and ive alwasy liked the XJs. Im getting into camping more, and the XJ just fits the bill better than the TJ. not to mention its WAY more comfortable onroad. Power everything and AC is nice to have in a DD. It was hard going from a locked/lifted TJ on 34s to a BONE stock XJ, but i'll have this opne built soon enough!

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
94 Cherokee Sport that started life as a 2wd Texas vehicle. Currently being downgraded (re-configured ;) from a rockcrawler to Adventure rig. Paint and some interior resto work coming up sometime in August.

canyon5-07007-1.jpg

Last edited:

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
John B said:
downgraded

Downgrading? Doesn't that imply that one is somehow superior to the other? I beg to differ! The best Jeeps (or any vehicle make) are those that are used to take us to the horizon and beyond ... those that transcend normal use. Your horizon might be atop a perilous mountain of rock, or miles across a barren wasteland - the purpose is the same.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
IntrepidXJ said:
same thing i'm doing...except i'm not downgrading mine (way too much work)....i just got another one :D

Good to see ya here Randy!

This will be my last XJ i think, MJ, ZJ or possibly an LJ if i stay with Jeep. I'v been lusting over Disco's and Cruisers as well. :smiley_drive:

:safari-rig:

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
cshontz said:
Downgrading? Doesn't that imply that one is somehow superior to the other? I beg to differ! The best Jeeps (or any vehicle make) are those that are used to take us to the horizon and beyond ... those that transcend normal use. Your horizon might be atop a perilous mountain of rock, or miles across a barren wasteland - the purpose is the same.

Removal of front locker, removal of rock sliders, lowered from 8.5" and 36's down to 6" and 33's, ditch OBA in favor of OB electrical, generally making it more comfortable for the interstate vs the rockpile.

To be honest i feel your rig may be far superior to mine for MY current interests, wanna trade? :shakin:

IntrepidXJ

Explorer
yeah, downgrading might not be the correct word.

but i'm definately making my new one more comfortable than my last :D

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
cshontz said:

Chris, did i really insult ya here? Obviously i used the wrong word...wasnt my intention, please accepy my apologies.

My point was i was removing items that made my vehicle more suitable to the rocks.

IXNAYXJ

Adventurer
Yet another Frameless Wonder here. New to this site, but a lot of you know me from NAXJA, etc. Here's my '94 2-dr Sport 4.0 HO, running a HP D44 front axle, 4.88s and a full Detroit. Ford 8.8 rear, also Detroit. 34" Trxus M/T radials, Terra 2Low, and a lot of custom ********.

Camping trip with a couple other XJ's last summer...very patriotic, no?

DSC01499.jpg

moab%20%20brian%20138.jpg

While I love extreme rock crawling and stuff, I've kept the XJ streetable and reliable. I even drove it to Moab (2300-ish miles) a few weeks ago...then wheeled the crap out of it and drove home. It's what makes Cherokees unique, IMHO.

-----Matt-----

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal