How many xj owners on here

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
John B said:
Chris, did i really insult ya here? Obviously i used the wrong word...wasnt my intention, please accepy my apologies.

My point was i was removing items that made my vehicle more suitable to the rocks.

No, not at all John! I'm on the Internet day in and day out. You have to do quite a number on me to get through this skin. You could even say something about my momma if you want, assuming she doesn't check this forum. :D

I understood ya perfectly - just bein' a wiseass. :costumed-smiley-007

To keep it on-topic, here are a few of my XJ's from days of yore.

48880301_ce4b2c6469.jpg

49848543_6a7cf5c967.jpg

242783417_4d5ba56a8f_o.jpg

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
My 1996 looks like cshontz white one and Matt's. For my 4 person family the XJ is a GREAT ! rig.... use it for wheel'n & camping & sometimes as a commuter to work.
Some mods I've built and some I've bought.... basically a point and shoot rig.
NAXJA is a great source of XJ knowledge as is the JeepForum XJ forum.

Now I want to try to build up a MJ trailer to tow behind the XJ... hence the reason I started coming to this site... the Camping/AT trailer forum....

Curt: safari-rig:

MHead

Adventurer
XJ's are great

Here's mine! XJ are great vehicles. Big enough but not too big. Tough enough. Easy to work on. Parts available just anywhere. And inexpensive as a used 4X4.

dieck

Adventurer
I'm late to the party, but I just bought it so, here's mine. I've only had it a few days so no offroad pics yet. Only a post wash poser pic. :) I have taken it through 1.5 ft of water tho and it didn't even breath hard. :) Lovin it.

Picture_011.sized.jpg

riverfever

Adventurer
Here's mine as of late:

54kgydw.jpg

RE 4.5 springs w/ .75" spacer
Rustys 3" full packs with Chevy lowering shackles
RE HD track bar
Currie steering
33's

John90XJ

Adventurer
Here's my Heep.....to the Rubicon twice, all over Moab twice, all over Washington and Oregon.....it's held up pretty well for a 1990 with 269k miles.

Lots of armor, locked front and rear, generally carry everything inside and low, 6.5" of lift loaded, 33" tires, 102" WB.

Not pretty but very effective.
ttc2007.jpg

Last edited:

John90XJ

Adventurer
Offroader5 said:
Here's mine with a long list of stuff done to it. More or less just for crawlin. I've got a set of full widths I am building to go under it.

Click 'em to see big versions

Nice Woody!

I like what you did with the THOR guards. Nice addition.

I'm running THOR guards, a prototype THOR flat belly skid, one-off THOR front and rear tube bumpers and they helped me with the rock rail outriggers. Nice guys, bulletproof armor.

DaJudge

Explorer
ColoradowithJanice06-07182.jpg

Mine, '01 with about 5" lift on 33s, rear is locked, front has limited slip.

My idea for the way it is built was something I could still drive to the trail and back, yet wheel whatever I wanted. So far it has worked.

dieck

Adventurer
DaJudge said:
ColoradowithJanice06-07182.jpg

Mine, '01 with about 5" lift on 33s, rear is locked, front has limited slip.

My idea for the way it is built was something I could still drive to the trail and back, yet wheel whatever I wanted. So far it has worked.

Did you modify your bump stops? Do you have any fender interference when you stuff the tires?

DaJudge

Explorer
dieck said:
Did you modify your bump stops? Do you have any fender interference when you stuff the tires?

I have extended bump stops front and rear and the fenders are cut front and rear. I have rubbed the fender when the wheel was turned hard but no damage yet. :)

highlandercj-7

Explorer
I got a 87 XJ, first year 4.0L, been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. The maintence to miles ratio is unreal. It's got 185k on it and she's still strong. This vehicle owes me nothing, it's paid for itself 2-3 times over lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal