LA(and AZ and SD too) ExPo Death Valley Trip

1leg

Explorer
Flickr will not let me download anymore pics for this month.
How do you get a expo Picture account?

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Louis,

Great pics, proof that the WJ was actually moving at one point!

Also, I think I got a picture of you around somewhere....

Green Ganesha

Adventurer
Perfect timing

Looks like we really lucked out weather-wise! Based on the Park Service Morning Reports from just before and just after our trip, we hit a brief window of accessibility. The Saline Valley South Pass was closed right up until the day before we all came out. And now it's back to "CLOSED due to deep snow." In fact, the snow level today is all the way down to 3,500 feet.

On top of that, Lippencott Road is "WASHED OUT. May only be passable by narrow 4X4 vehicles."

Titus Canyon is "CLOSED: Impassible and unsafe."

And it's not any better on pavement. On Highway 395, "Chains and snow tires are required from the Kern/Inyo County line to the Nevada State Line."

Holy smokes....

Green Ganesha

Adventurer
FourByLand said:
Let's go back!!!

All we need is a brief window of opportunity to get us back to the springs ... then trap us there! "Sorry boss, I'm stuck in this god-forsaken wasteland, no way out, and won't be in today ... or for another week or two."

Yessssss....

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Green Ganesha said:
All we need is a brief window of opportunity to get us back to the springs ... then trap us there! "Sorry boss, I'm stuck in this god-forsaken wasteland, no way out, and won't be in today ... or for another week or two."

Yessssss....

Yeah, we joked that after dinner at Still Life Cafe that you drove back out and set up camp!

Green Ganesha

Adventurer
FourByLand said:
Yeah, we joked that after dinner at Still Life Cafe that you drove back out and set up camp!

I wish I had! I was definitely too tired to make it all the way home. I should have stopped for the night in Lone Pine, because it's a long stretch after that until the next beds. I drove into a couple scary-looking Bates Motel-ish places south of Olancha, but ended up dragging myself down to Ridgecrest.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
More Pics!

Some of my favorites!

100_3042.jpg

100_3017.jpg

100_3034.jpg

100_3021.jpg

100_3111.jpg

100_3099.jpg

100_3097.jpg

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
If you guys are waiting for me... I haven't even got my pics off my camera yet :-(
I have been playing with tires though ☺

Also found a nut missing on one of my two quick-fist mounts that secure my shovel to my gas can carrier on the rear bumper. Added new nylock hardware today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design