LETS SEE YOUR TRAILERS!!!!

Gary crouch

Observer
I have not looked at every page of this thread. But on p 6 there are pictures of two different trailers that are rolled over on the trail. This got me thinking.

Why not build a simple roll cage for the trailer? Then if you did tip it over the cage would prevent damage and make it easier to roll the trailer back on it's wheels.

Since you are not trying to protect people it would not have to be as heavy as a regular cage in the Jeep. Also it could be designed to be removed while camping. Various styles of quick release pins or even trailer hitch pins could be used. There are even locking pins for a 1 1/4" hitch that could provide additional security to the contents if you left the trailer parked somewhere.

Has anyone tried this idea?

It's why we have hitches that will let the trailer roll over and the jeep will never no it. Roll it back over take your loss, keep having fun and keep going. On a pintel style hitch there are locking devices you can buy at any trailer store which work really well protecting anyone from hooking up the trailer and driving off.

I suppose a roll cage will work, but over thinking it a bit......

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
$100 in material and a little bit of my time is well worth the $1k+ replacement value of my RTT and the time loss w/out it.

garwhal

Observer
I am just getting started with a new acquisition. I am giddy over what has turned out to be the best setup for my situation. I cut the bows down about 24" and I sent the cover to the factory to remove the excess. I did not like the sail effect behind me with a 6 foot wind catch.
yjaju6e3.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371704104.936443.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371704126.902305.jpg
4yhyzenu.jpg

Woods

Explorer
Who makes that sun shade and how do you like it?

I am just getting started with a new acquisition. I am giddy over what has turned out to be the best setup for my situation. I cut the bows down about 24" and I sent the cover to the factory to remove the excess. I did not like the sail effect behind me with a 6 foot wind catch.
yjaju6e3.jpg

garwhal

Observer
My sail is made by MSR and I have used their products for ever. My life originally started out as an extreme mountaineer with jaunts around the world in search of the perfect peak. I moved to Texas and quickly realized you have to be creative to enjoy the outdoors - and I have loved every day in Texas. I have made the transition into the over landing space very well because I love gear. MSR has fantastic products and they last forever. I love the shade because it can changed into any configuration. I have pokes for all the way around so if I need it to be high, no problem. I did buy some Kelly poles to go with the poles that came with then original MSR set but they are not nearly as good as the MSR. I need to order more.

Woods

Explorer
Thanks for posting that. Good mini review.

My sail is made by MSR and I have used their products for ever. My life originally started out as an extreme mountaineer with jaunts around the world in search of the perfect peak. I moved to Texas and quickly realized you have to be creative to enjoy the outdoors - and I have loved every day in Texas. I have made the transition into the over landing space very well because I love gear. MSR has fantastic products and they last forever. I love the shade because it can changed into any configuration. I have pokes for all the way around so if I need it to be high, no problem. I did buy some Kelly poles to go with the poles that came with then original MSR set but they are not nearly as good as the MSR. I need to order more.

GFA

Adventurer
Getting ready to start a mild build on the jeep and trailer for a round the country tour next summer...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372288785.902871.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372288835.147523.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven