LETS SEE YOUR TRAILERS!!!!

xjman88

Adventurer
Here is my new to me M416 trailer. Picked it up from a farmer for 75.00. Its a steal and im not sure which way im going with the build. I do want to find/build a lid for it. I will update as the build progresses.img_4208947_2013_07_27_11_06_09.jpg
I only have the one pic for now. Will get a few more when im not so busy. Oh and the body is solid and so are the tires.

Papasxj

A work in progress but here's mine. Built the trailer this winter from scratch. Mostly finished as in structurally complete. Then on to mods and enhancements.

FullRig.jpgCamp.jpg

Oman4x4

Laurie Bridger
I showed the fiberglass military trailer kita few weeks ago before I painted it, here it is now in final paint/decals and along with the rest of the fleet.

The black trailer is a fiberglass Jeep-tub trailer, it was the prototype for the Dinoot trailers, which are now commercially available as kits (www.dinoot.com).

The military trailer I just finished building, it's a fiberglass kit too.

The yellow trailer is all steel, I made it from the back half of a YJ and the back half of my LJ after I cut the LJ in half to make a pickup out of it. It's my "parts getter workhorse" trailer. For example, this winter I brought a Jeep Wrangler tub home on top of it.

Fleet1_zpsdf6c445b.jpg

Fleet2_zpse47bed74.jpg

Fleet5_zps31e8ea27.jpg

Obviously I've now got too many trailers now, so I'm going to sell the black one. I've got a different pair of tires and wheels for it, as soon as I can get them installed (the ones on there now are part of a set of 4 I need to keep) and swap a few things out (the jerry cans won't go with it, for example), I'm going to list that trailer on Craigslist and eBay.

Jscherb - do you notice much difference in pulling the fiberglass Jeep Tub trailer vs. the steel one? I am planning to recycle the back end of my TJ into a trailer when the Brute conversion is over with, just wondering if it will be unnecessarily heavy...

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Jscherb - do you notice much difference in pulling the fiberglass Jeep Tub trailer vs. the steel one? I am planning to recycle the back end of my TJ into a trailer when the Brute conversion is over with, just wondering if it will be unnecessarily heavy...
My yellow trailer is actually a bit heavier than an ordinary Jeep tub conversion. The tub is 7'5" long, the back half started out as a YJ tub (the black parts) and the front half came off the back of my LJ (the red parts) when I converted the YJ into a pickup. The sides were replaced with new full-length sides made from 16-gauge steel (better than welding two wheel openings closed on each side and 16-gauge is much stronger then the original sheet metal):

TrailerAssembly2.jpg

And the inside fenders were cut out and replaced with smaller ones to maximize inside cargo capacity, and I widened the floor with 16-gauge where the old inner fenders used to be:

TrailerAssembly5.jpg

I built it to be strong enough to carry things like this:

LoadBarsWithTub2.jpg

So it's hard to compare my yellow metal trailer and my black fiberglass one; the fiberglass one weighs about 500 lbs., the yellow one about 750 lbs. But they both pull easily, I guess I'd say the fiberglass one bounces around a little more without a load in ot, but they're both easy to pull.

Oman4x4

Laurie Bridger
Cool - good to know...

Haven't really decided what I will do with it in terms of length etc but I would like to raise the sidewalls a bit to have the same indentation rib that the Brute bedsides have... but after seeing the picture below it seemed like recycling the tub was the obvious thing to do :)

I like your simplified floor / arches - way more space than the standard tub had!

485245_10151360758592647_628752840_n.jpg

Papasxj

Looks good. Build thread? More pics?

Great look'n XJ too.

No real build thread. I started one here but found a lack of interest so I stopped updating it. That was before I found this site but I was so far into the build I didn't start one.

The XJ I built from the ground up. I had the bumpers and sliders built before I knew how to weld but I did everything else from lift to gearing.

What kind of trailer is this? Custom or pre fab

If you are asking about mine, it's custom built by myself after the M416 style.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Cool - good to know...

Haven't really decided what I will do with it in terms of length etc but I would like to raise the sidewalls a bit to have the same indentation rib that the Brute bedsides have... but after seeing the picture below it seemed like recycling the tub was the obvious thing to do :)

I like your simplified floor / arches - way more space than the standard tub had!

485245_10151360758592647_628752840_n.jpg

Another idea for recycling the tub... you'll need to close out the front section of the tub you cut off when making a trailer out of it - you can use a Dinoot fiberglass end panel for that:

SolidEndMoldingPopped1.jpg

Here are a few photos of a trailer in the process of construction; it uses a cut-off tub and a Dinoot front panel:

FactoryTubCloseout1.jpg

FactoryTubCloseout2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven