Lone Peak Overland

V1GiLaNtE

Anybody in here order? I tried at 5am and kept having issues. Finally got through at 815. Order number says 1034. I’m hoping there weren’t 1K+ orders before me lol

Got my order in at 9:21 EST. I'm 1033 going on a 2012 Tundra DC. Definitely hoping there are not 1000+ orders ahead of us. I was very surprised that it was available. I've already seen the website updated for orders to be shipped/installed starting in July now..

Last edited:

Roam.Wild

Yes they started at #1000, #1004 here!

And here I was thinking it launched at 8a Pacific.

Guess I'm not getting anything.

It technically did, but those of us on the reservations email list got a chance to get in a little earlier.

Why can't you get it now? They'll be pumping out like 20 a week, so not like the wait will be much more than if you were order #1! Go get it!

V1GiLaNtE

Hello all,

I was in the market for a camper and after trying out the GFC and Super Pacific, I had the opportunity to try the Lone Peak and decided it was the best option for me.

After that I contacted Kyle to to become a brand ambassador. As such I am able to share promo codes for the launch as well.
I am going to share a few impressions and if you have questions let me know. Keep in mind I am an ambassador now, however those are my true impressions ; if they weren’t this wouldn’t be the product I would have chosen for myself.

Also, I won’t be getting a free or loaned camper as an ambassador just to make this clear!

• first of all the overall finish and quality was great and better than I expected for a prototype. I noticed a few things that could be improved, such as the tension for the top portion of the tent, but all of them were already on Kyle’s list of improvements for production. I was expecting to see low end fabrics and materials because of the price, but that wasn’t the case. According to Kyle, he can beat competition pricing for 2 reasons. The first is because of manufacturing process. He kept things simple and efficient when a super pacific requires a lot more man hours to have curved panels etc. The second is because of margin. A Super Pacific used to cost a lot less. Since they couldn’t meet demand, they raised the price multiple times because why not have higher margins if you have more buyers than you need? Kyle is going with lower margins to offer something more affordable. I don’t know how long this will last, because I expect a huge success for this camper after I have tried it.
  • When open and going inside the Major difference with a GFC and Super Pacific is the interior space. It’s huge and very livable. I absolutely love the way the tent pushes out which gives a lot more room than a tent that inclines toward the inside of the bed. Also the large space between the bed and the back is super nice. Lastly, the bed that moves up is a game changer for me vs the GFC concept where you always have to remove pieces of the bed.
  • Speaking of interior space, as a 6’6” person I can’t fit on the bed in a GFC because my feet press against the top of the camper at the low section. Here no pbm because the bed can move backward
  • The mattress is the most comfortable I have tried of any tent and camper, period. Also lets you store sleeping bags on top.
  • The Gear Vault is a must in my opinion. It makes essentials easy to reach and it’s a very clever feature.
  • The drop down tables that act as a desk are also well designed and really useful.
  • The interior lighting system is also very well done, and you can control it with an app. Convenient when in bed.
  • Having a small ladder inside to crawl into the bed is nice for people with mobility issues, but unnecessary for me, I’ll just remove it to save weight. It also nicely packs nicely below the bed if you need to use it from time to time.

Overall, it really is a mix of the best features from existing campers, with a few additional innovative features and more interior space. For those reasons, it would be my first pick if all were are the same price.
The fact that the Lone Peak is half the price of the competition is even better.

For $200 off accessories, feel free to use promo code LANDSCAPTURER at checkout.

Does he intend to update the rain fly support bracket in the production model? I was watching in the video and it looks to be made of wood which seems flimsy and quite susceptible to breaking.

Roam.Wild

Does he intend to update the rain fly support bracket in the production model? I was watching in the video and it looks to be made of wood which seems flimsy and quite susceptible to breaking.

Yes, the rain fly / rear window (and support) is being completely redesigned.

Screw it, placed an order. Fingers crossed.

Added the vault with table, solar wiring port, 2 handles, and 12V+lighting.

Spot #1055.

Heck yes! I got the same options + the fan! Welcome to the Waiting Club!

Zillon

The rain fly/support/tent angle is all getting changed/lowered/revised.

Yes, the rain fly / rear window (and support) is being completely redesigned.

Heck yes! I got the same options + the fan! Welcome to the Waiting Club!

I thought about the fan, but nixed it - can always add it later if I deem it critical. Kyle did mention adding condensation vents to the tent, which would be my primary concern. Tent seems to have plenty of ventilation via the windows.

Zillon

Yes they started at #1000, #1004 here!

It technically did, but those of us on the reservations email list got a chance to get in a little earlier.

Why can't you get it now? They'll be pumping out like 20 a week, so not like the wait will be much more than if you were order #1! Go get it!

I never got an early access email, just the normal announcement for 8A PST.

Also, wait, order 001 is technically 1001?

I feel better now.

Roam.Wild

The rain fly/support/tent angle is all getting changed/lowered/revised.

I thought about the fan, but nixed it - can always add it later if I deem it critical. Kyle did mention adding condensation vents to the tent, which would be my primary concern. Tent seems to have plenty of ventilation via the windows.

Yes the fan will be very easy to add later. I was just going to do it myself with a MAXXFAN MaxxAir, but for the same price I figured just have them do it. It's a game-changer. I was in a buddies GFC right after he installed one, the difference with it turned on / off during a 85 degree evening in Baja was crazy. Those fan MOVE some air in these tiny spaces.

Roam.Wild

I never got an early access email, just the normal announcement for 8A PST.

Also, wait, order 001 is technically 1001?

I feel better now.

Might have just been those of us in the "ambassador" program then. And yes not sure why they didn't start off at #001. But #1001 was technically the very first order, so you are order #55 my dude!

Zillon

Yes the fan will be very easy to add later. I was just going to do it myself with a MAXXFAN MaxxAir, but for the same price I figured just have them do it. It's a game-changer. I was in a buddies GFC right after he installed one, the difference with it turned on / off during a 85 degree evening in Mexico was crazy.

Yeah, I had the Maxxair in my Pursue - in a small space those fans can move a lot of air.

V1GiLaNtE

I went with the following:
- 12v wiring
- fan
- solar
- ladder
- grab handles

having them do the fan at the time was a no brainer. Especially if it’s already wired in. Thr gear vault was cool, but I already have a bunch of action packers to store gear. I’m sure adding Molle panels after the fact will be easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal