Lone Peak Overland

Roam.Wild

Nice little update on IG.

Take a look at the shop in the snippets through the windows, getting pretty full of materials!!!!!

BP89

LP is at MOORE expo this weekend if anyone wants to see the *prototype* in person
Roam.Wild - Do you know how the new "final" design models are coming along? I'm anxious for an update since the Moore expo video drops a couple weeks ago.

Roam.Wild

Roam.Wild - Do you know how the new "final" design models are coming along? I'm anxious for an update since the Moore expo video drops a couple weeks ago.

It's been pretty silent on our end too, last word from Kyle was directly after they left MOORE he said they were hightailing it back to Washington to start budling them, hopefully in time to show them off at Overland Expo West (next weekend)! Let's hope the team is hard at work getting them together to show everyone next weekend, I know they are sharing a booth with TruckVault.

BP89

It's been pretty silent on our end too, last word from Kyle was directly after they left MOORE he said they were hightailing it back to Washington to start budling them, hopefully in time to show them off at Overland Expo West (next weekend)! Let's hope the team is hard at work getting them together to show everyone next weekend, I know they are sharing a booth with TruckVault.
Thanks! Fingers crossed we can see a solid update this week or next. I'm getting pretty excited to see the final production model and I hope they can stick to July for production if possible. I'm wanting to get out in it before fall hunting to dial it in with the family for camping trips.

BP89

Glad to hear things appear to be holding to the July timeline. The "final" production model builds will flush out any further complications that may be unforeseen. I was very excited to hear things holding so far!

Roam.Wild

I have put in a request for a refund, so I will let y'all know about the process once I hear back from the LP team.

We bought a 30ft off-grid camper, so no need for the LP anymore, unfortunately. I'm still excited about the release and hope to see a few in person this year!

Just bought a RSI Smartcap EVO and it'll be here Monday, at least there's no wait on those!

MR E30

Probably like anything else in 40mph winds, pretty flappy. I don’t think there’s a tent design (besides a hardside) that won’t flap in high winds.

Big disagree here.

The Lone Peak here will probably be just as flappy as a soft shell RTT. It will be interesting to see how he tries to tension that portion of the tent.

But SP X1, GFC (V1 and V2), and my ACCC wedge style tents are not flappy enough, even in high wind 40+ mph, to keep you up at night. Not to mention you can park into the wind to mitigate it even more.

Camped on the top of a hill near Superior, AZ and the high winds ripping through our camp were no problem.

Up on the Mogollon Rim with a group of trucks during a storm. The only complainer was the guy with a soft shell.

Last edited:

Antwon412

Ordered mine just now. Pretty bare bones:

LED lighting
Roof fan
2 x Grab Handles
Solar wiring (I’m not really sold on solar. I think I’ll just be using an Ecoflow power pack. But it’s a whole lot easier to have them pre-wire everything for 75 bucks with a coupon code instead of me trying to do it myself later)

Thats it. As I use it, I’ll decide what else I want to add to it and then either go aftermarket or see what else the company comes up with that I can add on later.

Going to be a long, four-ish months, waiting for it! Decided to drive from Northern California to the factory to pick it up and have them install it. It’ll be a fun road trip.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179