Lone Peak Overland

1titanfan

I did the same. Fortunately I really only missed out on one trip by selling early. It’s worth it though. I was right at 1 year almost to the day wait time, and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. Im really pleased with the final product, and glad they didn’t cut corners.
Oh definitely I think quality and doing it right the first time are a high priority for Kyle And I appreciate that because that is how I am. I do wish Kyle would sell some accessories individually instead of in pairs because sometimes you only want or need one. I did want to ask about your OVS awning and how many brackets did you use and how stable is it when it is stored and deployed?

1titanfan

I think most of us have the same story.

Just patently waiting on them to send out the email so I can schedule a pickup date and drive the two hours east and pick it up.

It’s been a long year plus and for an individual that’s within the first 50 orders still don’t have mine installed yet.
I don’t know how you haven’t got your camper yet but way to go for hanging in there. I’m glad you only have a 2 hour drive. The drive from San Diego is a little longer! Have fun when you get.

Geoyota82

I don’t know how you haven’t got your camper yet but way to go for hanging in there. I’m glad you only have a 2 hour drive. The drive from San Diego is a little longer! Have fun when you get.
I ask myself the same question.

I went over there and did a test fit in October and finalized the order.

They have clearly stated that they are not going in order to fit test other trucks and from the update yesterday they have delivered 50 tops already.

From my last check-in with them it was built and in quality check two weeks ago. but no communication as of yet to schedule pick up time.

All we can do is be patient and wait for the email.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I ask myself the same question.

I went over there and did a test fit in October and finalized the order.

They have clearly stated that they are not going in order to fit test other trucks and from the update yesterday they have delivered 50 tops already.

From my last check-in with them it was built and in quality check two weeks ago. but no communication as of yet to schedule pick up time.

All we can do is be patient and wait for the email.
If it’s been built for 2+ weeks I’d reach out to Kecia.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Oh definitely I think quality and doing it right the first time are a high priority for Kyle And I appreciate that because that is how I am. I do wish Kyle would sell some accessories individually instead of in pairs because sometimes you only want or need one. I did want to ask about your OVS awning and how many brackets did you use and how stable is it when it is stored and deployed?
If you only want one of something ask them about it. I know they’ve offered to sell me an odd number of a couple items (3 load bars and 3 awning brackets) if needed. I wouldn’t be surprised if they sold them individually as well.

The awning brackets have been great, and they work well with my OVS. I’ve only got two brackets on it, and it’s more than stable. I had the intentions of grabbing a 3rd bracket when I picked up the camper, but then forgot about it at the time of pick up. At that point I just mounted it up with the 2 I had, then realized the 3rd would’ve been useless.

simple

Adventurer
I got to visit the Lone Peak factory today with a friend picking up his unit. It appears to be a well run operation with a great crew working diligently to get a new product production line up and running. I also got the sense that they are highly focused on quality and that the video updates they have been providing are spot on.

MR E30

If you only want one of something ask them about it. I know they’ve offered to sell me an odd number of a couple items (3 load bars and 3 awning brackets) if needed. I wouldn’t be surprised if they sold them individually as well.

The awning brackets have been great, and they work well with my OVS. I’ve only got two brackets on it, and it’s more than stable. I had the intentions of grabbing a 3rd bracket when I picked up the camper, but then forgot about it at the time of pick up. At that point I just mounted it up with the 2 I had, then realized the 3rd would’ve been useless.

I have personally seen an OVS get ripped right off of the side of a GFC with just 2 mounts.

YMMV but (2) is definitely not enough IMO.

BudLoomis

I have personally seen an OVS get ripped right off of the side of a GFC with just 2 mounts.

So, I have the LP Camper and the LP Awning mounts with OVS 270.

1. The LP awning brackets are bigger and stronger than any similar style mount, like the Super Pacific Mounts. Seriously beefy.
2. With that being said, I do have three brackets because I didn't want to risk it. I could lift the camper off my truck by these mounts.

BudLoomis

So, I have the LP Camper and the LP Awning mounts with OVS 270.

1. The LP awning brackets are bigger and stronger than any similar style mount, like the Super Pacific Mounts. Seriously beefy.
2. With that being said, I do have three brackets because I didn't want to risk it. I could lift the camper off my truck by these mounts.
Super Pacific in black. Lone Peak In aluminum.
PXL_20231012_190429561.jpgPXL_20231012_190437387.jpg

simple

Adventurer

The OVS 270 degree looks like it could put a huge amount of stress on any mounting bracket in the area where all the limbs pivot from. Wind forces could easily exceed the printed load ratings of the GFC mounting bracket. GFC rates 2 universal mounting brackets at 0-40lbs.

1titanfan

when I got my OVS 270 awning it came with 3 massive steel brackets not for wedge tents but for their RTT and bars. These things were 1/4” thick and I asked Ashlyn (the owners daughter) and she said that the awnings were designed for 3 mounts but were fine with 2 except in an extreme condition. There was more movement on my awning even folded up, than I liked. So I’m going with three brackets the only problem is that LP won’t sell individual brackets according to Kecia. So my question is to Bud Loomis, did you have to buy a set or just one? Anyway my worked great with just two in all sort of nasty weather and the extruded frame is way stronger than bar mounts and clamps.

BudLoomis

when I got my OVS 270 awning it came with 3 massive steel brackets not for wedge tents but for their RTT and bars. These things were 1/4” thick and I asked Ashlyn (the owners daughter) and she said that the awnings were designed for 3 mounts but were fine with 2 except in an extreme condition. There was more movement on my awning even folded up, than I liked. So I’m going with three brackets the only problem is that LP won’t sell individual brackets according to Kecia. So my question is to Bud Loomis, did you have to buy a set or just one? Anyway my worked great with just two in all sort of nasty weather and the extruded frame is way stronger than bar mounts and clamps.
I agree with everything you said. The person I bought my OVS from also only used 2 of the steel bracket you referred to. I would also say that the LP ones are about the same thickness as the original steel brackets,1/4" I think. I got the hook up on my 3rd LP bracket. I got the first camper, I believe it was before the awning brackets were available on the website haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78