Mitsu Fuso Camper examples

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Fuso maru >>> Hilarious!!! Thanks. Sounds like your typical Aussie to me too.

Not a bad way for an old Warrior tour bus to spend it's retirement.........this bus was still running tours up and down Cape York only last year.

The new owners have just had the camper conversion done in Brisbane and then up here for a single wheel conversion yesterday. The APE winch and bar were done way back when we first built it. That must have around '03 or "04 if I remember correctly. All those early Cape York buses got long span springs too....a lot of work but they do ride really well over the corrugations.

They turned 2/3's of the rear boot into a shower and toilet and kept the original walk in rear boot door.

5621595444_3765c8586c_z.jpg

They tell me a new insect screen door is next.

5621596852_e080aaeb7d_z.jpg

Some solar on the roof too.

5621605608_b7c2399eab_z.jpg

There is a couple of powered fan hatches too. One at either end plus I see they've left the old emergency exit roof hatch.

5621600908_ded013436f_z.jpg

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

This was in today for some quick mods.

Really well set up NPS from South Oz. Note the boat loader and solar on the roof..... full of camping gear in the back and he tows a full size Bushtracker too. They do semi professional prospecting. So those guys would usually set up the van as a base and free camp in the vehicle as they cover new ground over the period of a week or so and then return to the van to stock up again.
Very, very nice.

5621609232_1bcc1f0dea_z.jpg

5621023657_60c482a3d0_z.jpg

5621612810_808711fe72_z.jpg

5621022637_33a9b1933a_z.jpg

FSH00

That NPS is awsome,thats exactly what im working towards including the the bushtracker & the prospecting :drool:
Is that guy a member of any forums? wouldn't mind finding out a bit more about his setup.

whatcharterboat

That NPS is awsome,thats exactly what im working towards including the the bushtracker & the prospecting
Is that guy a member of any forums? wouldn't mind finding out a bit more about his setup.

Don't believe so.

Back in '96 we did some work for a professional prospector. He and his wife were only in their early 20's then (and before kids) but are now very well known worldwide, write articles for gold prospecting magazines, sponsored by Minelab, etc.

They came in from the bush with their Landrover and we built them a really tough little (Phoenix) caravan to take back out to camp in.....12 months later we built them a much bigger but equally as tough van and set up a new Nissan Patrol ute to tow it.... the ute got the works.....big alloy box on each side.... all kitchen, fridge, camping gear on the left side and all tools, generator, jack hammers, etc on the right side..... big locker up front with all the detectors , shovels, etc...all charged from solar. ....crane for lifting an AG bike in between the boxes. We even did the bike too.....GPS, shovel racks, etc...........next year he came back and traded the Nissan for a Canter Crewcab and we swapped all the gear from the Nissan over to the Fuso. The poor little Nissan just kept over heating towing the van through the bush.

No roads where this guy goes either. Literally beeline through the bush. Parks the van as a main base , then heads out in the Canter....parks that and they head off on the bike. If they're digging deep, they bring the truck over and fire up the generator to run the jackhammer....lot of work but seem to have done very well for them selves.

BTW, last I heard , he stilll has the same Canter too.

Lynn

Expedition Leader

Touring the Cowichan valley in spring I picked up an ausie hitchhiker.
This one liked beer, it was like a bear to honey.

I just happened over your post again, and I have to say that's certainly one of the funniest I have seen on here. Thanks!​

moose2367

This was in today for some quick mods.

Really well set up NPS from South Oz. Note the boat loader and solar on the roof..... full of camping gear in the back and he tows a full size Bushtracker too. They do semi professional prospecting. So those guys would usually set up the van as a base and free camp in the vehicle as they cover new ground over the period of a week or so and then return to the van to stock up again.
Very, very nice.

5621609232_1bcc1f0dea_z.jpg

5621023657_60c482a3d0_z.jpg

5621612810_808711fe72_z.jpg

5621022637_33a9b1933a_z.jpg

Saw this one last week at Adelaide River, near Darwin, very nice rig. All up with the van he's near 10ton.
I looked at it and that's what made the decision for me over the Canter, now to find a second hand one somewhere.
The owner owns a winery in South Australia nd it's his 9th trip up north i think he said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach