OldSven's 4Runner

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Hooray for Maxxis Bighorns... I love new tires!

You're in WA but you didn't get them from Les Schwab, mail order if I remember correctly?

OldSven

Explorer
Hooray for Maxxis Bighorns... I love new tires!

You're in WA but you didn't get them from Les Schwab, mail order if I remember correctly?

Got them from OnlineTires.com $828 to the door for all 5. Going in the morning to mount them. My buddy is a auto tech teacher so the mounting and balance is FREE!!!

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Thought I remembered something like that a few posts back.

Maxxis Bighorns = :wings:

Got them from OnlineTires.com $828 to the door for all 5. Going in the morning to mount them. My buddy is a auto tech teacher so the mounting and balance is FREE!!!

OldSven

Explorer
Well here they are, all done up:)

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

Clark White

Explorer
What is the actual measured size of those tires? I'm thinking about a set of those, but I'm not putting that much lift on my Runner, and I don't have a super charger, so I'm also worried about my mpg.

Thanks!
Clark

laxtoy

Adventurer
dude, that looks nice! were you doing any wrenching in this heat? i mean damn, yesterday was triple digits! kudos to you brotha, job well done! :bowdown:

OldSven

Explorer
dude, that looks nice! were you doing any wrenching in this heat? i mean damn, yesterday was triple digits! kudos to you brotha, job well done! :bowdown:

Yes, I was down in covington on Wednesday tuning the URD kit when it was like 103ish and we were tuning without the a/c on:drool:

bobDog

Expedition Leader
You Seattle guys are such weenies......took over 100 yrs to break a 100 twice......106 in my yard :wings::sombrero: heheheh!

OldSven

Explorer
You Seattle guys are such weenies......took over 100 yrs to break a 100 twice......106 in my yard :wings::sombrero: heheheh!

Yah, I grew up in the desert with dry heat. Been up here for 10yrs now and still can't take humidity!!!

Last edited:

laxtoy

Adventurer

hey man, i didn't sign up for this! :p we do tend to complain in the nw, we get a few feet of snow, and it's "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!" now we get some heat and we're convinced it's hell on earth :smileeek:

Adventurer
What is the actual measured size of those tires? I'm thinking about a set of those, but I'm not putting that much lift on my Runner, and I don't have a super charger, so I'm also worried about my mpg.

Thanks!
Clark

I have them in my basement, they measure in at 33 3/8'' in height, unmounted. Some say they measure 33.5'' but thats probably rounding off.
I'm mounting them on the spare style steelies, on my 04 tacoma 3.4L.
I think i'll have more than enough power without a super charger, although I plan on regearing, to maintain the low range and drop the rpm's. I'll run them for a while with the stock gearing, until my money tree grows again.:coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven