OldSven's 4Runner

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Mine is level!!!! I like the LC coils and they will hold a load well, I replace mine about every 90k because I think they get a bit too soft but since have added air bags to prolong the life and it has worked perfect.

A

turtle8173

I got my LC80 coils from someone on yotatech I think, and when they got here I remember standing them up next to one another and one will be a little taller that is the one you want on the driver side since it will be carrying the gas tank. The LC80 coils have been great so far, I can load the rig down and then hook up the trailer and I'm just a smidge under level. The only downside is they are very tall so the truck with a big tool box, spare, and custom rear bumper (now minus the swingout) does sit kind of raked. Kind of give and take.

Hey, Thanks a lot! I have 285's on mine and have a lot of tire rub in the rear. The higher the better. Right now it looks like I'm popping a wheely especially with my sleeping/storage platform in place. I'd love to pick your brain on the 7th injector. What does it do and where does it go? Right now I'm working on a custom box to enclose my K&N high flow air intake so I can finally add a snorkel with out using the stock air intake.:snorkel:

OldSven

Explorer
Hey, Thanks a lot! I have 285's on mine and have a lot of tire rub in the rear. The higher the better. Right now it looks like I'm popping a wheely especially with my sleeping/storage platform in place. I'd love to pick your brain on the 7th injector. What does it do and where does it go? Right now I'm working on a custom box to enclose my K&N high flow air intake so I can finally add a snorkel with out using the stock air intake.:snorkel:

No problem. The 7th injector is a piggy-back to the stock 6. The stock fuel injectors and pump can't give enough fuel to match the air flow the supercharger is now forcing down its throat so the system runs lean. One way to fix this is by replacing all six in jectors with bigger ones, or add a 7th which will pick up the slack that the stock six can't do. Mine is the older grey TRD charger so there is a blank plate on the driver side that the 7th plugs into which spirts fuel per the program from the URD box. Also needed is the bigger fuel pump in the tank to deliver the added need. With the program you can dial the truck in so everything runs together and your air to fuel ratio is correct so no more pinging under load.

I swapped the deckplate box from my old Tacoma into the runner with a TrueFlow filter which not only pulls alot of air through but stops all dust from getting in. After winter I will definetly be getting some sort of pre-filter for the snorkel for the dusty season to save from having to clean the filter after a run.

OldSven

Explorer
Was wondering if I could get some opinions here on what to do about wheels? Thinking about ditching the stock wheels and spacers to something else and looking for opinions on what would look good on there.

-Black steelies
-Mojave Teflons
-Polished
-Keep the stock ones

keezer36

Adventurer
I've always been happy with my FJ Steel. They are 17" but they took my backspacing from 5.25" to 4.5" and the added confidence that they fit the vehicle hub and have no balance issues.

OldSven

Explorer
I was looking at Discount and they have factory style steelies but you can get them with and offset. Otherwise maybe the Pro-Comp series 98 in a 16x7 4" BS.

Here are some pics when I tried on the spare.

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

Last edited:

OldSven

Explorer
The only thing with the stock steelies is no offset, and if I change wheels I want to sell off the wheel spacers.

Keep the opinions and or pics coming...

laxtoy

Adventurer
great part about your truck's color, you can go silver or black or polished and i think it would look good. personally, i like the black steelies, matches all your armor. how much offset/backspacing are you thinking, what you have now is 4.5 backspacing on a 16x7 correct? do you feel you need the offset for stability, or is it more for appearance?

OldSven

Explorer
I just have the stock wheels with some 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers. Mainly for apperance to get them out level with the fender flares and my sliders. Plus helps to keep things from eating my truck :) I had the Type B wheelers on the Tacoma and they were perfect I think they were a 4" BS.

OldSven

Explorer
Took the plunge and painted my stock rims with some Duplicolor Truck Bed Coating. They turned out really good, the second time. I read somewhere that with the bed liner you want to spray a heavy coat then a light one for texture. Well that doesn't work so just do light coats and your good.

DSC00071.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven