OldSven's 4Runner

GeoTracker90

Adventurer
DSC00298.jpg

What is the proper name of the canvas bags shown in this picture and where can I find some? I had one given to me and love it. Would like to find some more.

Mike

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
They appear to be US GI tool bags that are commonly used to hold gear for military vehicles. Genuine issues or knock-off bags can be found at Army-Navy or surplus stores including on-line, or you can find similar black canvas ones at Harbor Freight.

OldSven

Explorer
Yeah I got the bags awhile back at the army surplus store for something like $12 a bag.

The Co2 bottle is off of ebay long time ago, and the regulator is from Wheeler's Offroad, and the mount is from Powertank.

The tires are doing great, mine are sipped too.

The bedliner on the rims is doing well, one good thing to know for touch up instead of putting more bedliner on there is to use some Duplicolor bumper coating, matches for color and has a different texture than regular paint so I use that and you can't tell if and where I touched them up.

As for the carnage shots I will get some up here in the next few days:Wow1:

Gabriul

Shoot, that wouldn't last in the back of my truck for a week. However... it does look nice in the back of the purdy runner!

Lets try 520 again without the snow :-D

One can get the CO2 tanks from AirGas or whatever. Of course, they are not as pretty, not are they as expensive, and they are larger, and one would have to make your own holder. But, the regulators are the same! Of course, this route would be the cheap route. Being I managed to get into the setup for $55...including a tank refill.

OldSven

Explorer
Picked up some turn buckles and some other hardware will try and get the pics up on Friday of it all ankered down in the back.

OldSven

Explorer
Well finished up the box last night. Got it all ankered in with the turnbuckles, that thing is very secure but I can also have it out in about 2 minutes. Also drilled to ankers on top to hold the hi-lift down.

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

And yes here is a pic of the damage report from Evan's Creek last trip out, put a nice dent in the rear quarter panel and two smaller ones in the door. Who would have thought snow storm in mid May:smilies27 Oh well it couldn't stay straight forever right...

DSC00305.jpg

OldSven

Explorer
Well I went over to the dark side:elkgrin: I ditched the FJ80 coils for some new OME 891's. Free standing they are about 2" lower than the LC's but have more wraps closer together. Weight is the key when figuring out a suspension, the LC's did great when I had the swingout but since then it has had a good rake in the back that has bugged me. The 891's sat it nice and level with the front and they carry the same load as the LC's. I'm going to let them settle in before determining if I need the trim packers or not. Turns out that the camera didn't have the memory card in it so all the comparison picks are for not.

0614101809.jpg

0611101716.jpg

Last edited:

RusM

Adventurer

Did it fix the high speed oscillation? Did you pop that dent out? I haven't torn my back apart yet, but looking at some pics it looks like you could either cut a small hole in the sheet metal or jam something back there and pop the dent out.

OldSven

Explorer
Did it fix the high speed oscillation? Did you pop that dent out? I haven't torn my back apart yet, but looking at some pics it looks like you could either cut a small hole in the sheet metal or jam something back there and pop the dent out.

They did firm it up so it is much more controllable. I like to "baja" this thing from time to time and need the back to keep with the ICON's and I think it should now.

The two dents in the door I'm going to have dent wizzard pop out here soon, the other one is in a solid spot so by the time you get it popped out it will be worse then now. My buddy at the bodyshop said it would be popped out, bondoed over and then re-shoot the side of the truck to blend it, $250 on insurance, $2500 without, for now I'm learning to live with it. That money can go to something cool for the rig :)

OldSven

Explorer
Allready for summer now, just recieved my Uni-Filter Snorkel Pre-Cleaner:snorkel:

This will be really nice on those dusty roads to help out with the TrueFlow...

0616101449a.jpg

This was after about 50 miles of trail/dirt roads. This thing really helped keep my air filter from having to do all the work.

DSC00418.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven