OldSven's 4Runner

steve97tj

I was a big fan of your tacoma and now really liking how your 4runner is turning out. Keep up the good work man i'll be watching.

Willman

IMG_1956.jpg

Dude....we need to talk about those backup lights.....

You need some of these built into your bumper!

;)

OldSven

Explorer
Finally got around to get some gauges for the runner. I ended up getting the dual gauge pod from Lotek, then a boost and wideband afr gauge from Innovate Motorsports. They were the closest ones I could get that matched the interior. I also have a new carpet kit coming for it, the old one got wet awhile back and just never could get the musty smell out so I got a new one coming and it is black so I might have to re-do the cargo area at some point.

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

OldSven

Explorer
Well I got tired of looking at everyone's pretty cargo drawers that they had and was tired of messing with my rubbermaid so I built my own with the help of my Dad. The problem was when I was loaded down I would have to pull everything out and open the lid for tools, this is much easier. I did it all out of 3/4" cabinet grade plywood, glued, and screwed with self tapping and self countersinking screws. I did cheap out a little and not get the 200lb slides I wanted since they were more than the whole box build and went with some 1/8" PVC strips so the wood slides on the plastic which is preety nice. Then hit it with some spray can bedliner and done. It ankers to the two tie downs in the back of the cargo area so if I need to go load something the tire and box come out in no time and fold the seats down and off you go

Now to mount the hi-lift back in across the back seat and a way to strap the fridge down :)

DSC00290.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

farrdg

OldSven,

Really nice thread on your build:wings:. Could you enlighten me with the details on your CO2 tank? Did you put it together yourself or purchase one:ylsmoke:?

Those Bighorns are great tires. My son put a set on his Toyota pickup. He had the center lugs sipped for the snow and Ice at Lake Tahoe and they work great.

How is the wheel paint holding up? Thinking about doing the same to my Tacoma, but also looking at Teflon Mohave's. Thanks for your input:sombrero:.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven