OldSven's 4Runner

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I just welded the spindle onto my rear bumper so its about to get even heavier. Whatever you do, don't weigh it. No one needs to know that sort of info. If you must... just go and weigh it on Truck scales all loaded up for a week long trip.
:Wow1:

Last edited:

OldSven

Explorer
I just welded the spindle onto my rear bumper so its about to get even heavier. Whatever you do, don't weigh it. No one needs to know that sort of info. If you must... just go and weigh it on Truck scales all loaded up for a week long trip.
:Wow1:

I hear that:)

OldSven

Explorer
Keep seeing "NWExpo coming soon". Anything to that? :elkgrin:

Got the domain name and was going to start an expo style forum site up here in WA but to many projects came to be and me and my buddy just never got around to it. Maybe this winter if we can pull it off.

OldSven

Explorer
Well now that everything is falling into place parts wise, a rear locker is on that same list but don't know what to get:coffee: I loved the elocker in the Tacoma but one thing I didn't like was on road when I needed to get out in traffic in the rain I was the "one wheel wonder". I have been searching around and an ARB would be great but $$$ is a factor. I could do another elocker and do the few mods to make it fit my housing. An LSD would be good all around but offroad don't work as well as a locker. I'm actually leaning towards a Detroit since Aussie doesn't make one for mine just yet and they are very durable. On road they have their issues with turning and shiffting gears my old Toy had a spool in the back and I DD drove that one with no problem accept for axle seals going out alot. Any thoughts would be great???

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Perhaps a LSD (Detroit-TrueTrac)I've had one for 2 years now and it performs well, not hard to get them to lock up either with a little foot action.

Aaron

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Perhaps a LSD (Detroit-TrueTrac)I've had one for 2 years now and it performs well, not hard to get them to lock up either with a little foot action.

Aaron
Man i agree...had mine over 5 yrs...never a problem. fact is the drain plug fell out (thanks oil change dude) did a water crossing before the guy behind me noticed_no one saw oil on the trail so who knows when it fell out. Had spare gear oil...hammered a wood plug in w/ silicon caulk and finished trip and going home. Drained oil and it came out gray and chunky....replaced twice in a week and never had a problem. Cheap and reliable easy lock up.:victory:

OldSven

Explorer
I was just thinking today that maybe an LSD would be nice overall, and if it still isn't enough offroad just get an aussie for the front to help out. Do you have to do a rebuild kit for a TrueTrac of just throw it in place of the carrier and call it a day?

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I think shes just a call it a day type, but I'm not sure I had a shop do the install on mine. I have an Aussie up front as well and it's very nice, as there aren't many places I can't go. (Sure the truck could, just don't wanna take her as change o pants might be needed).

Aaron

OldSven

Explorer
I think shes just a call it a day type, but I'm not sure I had a shop do the install on mine. I have an Aussie up front as well and it's very nice, as there aren't many places I can't go. (Sure the truck could, just don't wanna take her as change o pants might be needed).

Aaron

How's the aussie up front? Hard to turn when in 4wheeldrive? You did the manuel hub swap though didn't you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven