OldSven's 4Runner

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Yes I did the manual hub swap, and the Aussie up front is only hard to turn sometimes but it rocks just make sure center diff is locked (if equipped) and your ABS/Vtrac bypass is engaged and this will not be you.
P5221709.jpg

Back to the hub swap, I didn't do it on the cheap with junkyard parts, I did mine all new less the hubs. I would reccomend if anyone is considering this just spend the difference and get a ARB up front. Unless your getting the parts for free or down right cheap. Or you don't mind not being able to keep your cv's totally dissengaged. But the Aussie rocks! I can climb with ease and less damage to the trail with the added traction.

Aaron

OldSven

Explorer
Done:wings: And am I glad too. Got it powdercoated today, and got it all mounted up and all of the goodies on it. Only thing missing is a new hi-lift.

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg
IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

Willman

Nice rear!

I can help ya with your Hi-Lift problems!

Have you introduced your trailer to her? You might have to match the paint to keep them from fighting with each other:elkgrin:

So....Moab in the Fall to break-in your powder coating?

:ylsmoke:

OldSven

Explorer
Yeah Moab is allways a good place to scrape some coat:cow: Off to SanDiego for a week to see family and get away from the bumper too... I did hook the trailer up to the runner to swap tires on it, the stock hitch was way low should be good to go now. The bumper has it's grind marks and ruff area's but it works and will take some pretty good hits, I forgot to get some pics of how it mounts up. I'm really glad that the LC coils are finally leveling out, I had my doubts there for a minute. 7th injector will be waiting for me when I get back:coffeedrink:

Last edited:

Hilux_Max

Adventurer
great work mate....damn! you sure do work quick......

she still looks like shes sitting abit high.....cant wait to see the new wheels and tyres mounted up on her....

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
Off to San Diego for a week...
DANG IT!!!!

If I was at home, I'd take you out for a beer or a margarita. I'd love to meet you.
...I'd get you drunk, and blow in your ear, and sweet talk you into helping install a snorkel on my truck since you've done it twice already.

shawkins

Adventurer
WOW! Your 4Runner is coming along very nicely!

Did you keep the power antennae when you installed the snorkel?

OldSven

Explorer
WOW! Your 4Runner is coming along very nicely!

Did you keep the power antennae when you installed the snorkel?

No, I tried but the NW with trees and branches don't get along with pwr antenna's. Plus the pwr antenna assy is big and the rubber tube that 90's off the snorkel doesn't fit so well with it there. I ordered up the manual one from a 4runner and a black antenna whip from a Tacoma along with the intake tube from a Tacoma so I can finish the snorkel.

So much anger here! I'm fearing for my life, more so I'm fearing that someone will kidnap me and make me build heavy bumpers for them:violent-smiley-031:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
:drool: ... Seriously??? First thing I'm jealous of is the speed with wich you are getting things done. This truck looks great is such a short time I love it. Love the snorkle, and the back bumper looks perfect. Question: Is that the Badlands bumper off your old truck??? I'm really leaning towards getting one very simmilar(full upper hoop and the diamond plate decking) and I really like the look of yours.

Cheers

Dave

OldSven

Explorer
:drool: ... Seriously??? First thing I'm jealous of is the speed with wich you are getting things done. This truck looks great is such a short time I love it. Love the snorkle, and the back bumper looks perfect. Question: Is that the Badlands bumper off your old truck??? I'm really leaning towards getting one very simmilar(full upper hoop and the diamond plate decking) and I really like the look of yours.

Cheers

Dave

It is a new one. It mounts a little different do to the frame. I did the end cap mod to this one too, much stronger.

OldSven

Explorer
Well so much for waiting, my URD kit showed up this morning so obviously I could go on vaction knowing that it was just sitting at home:) So I got it all installed, only took about 3.5-4hrs to do the whole thing. Dropping the tank for the new pump was a real pain. The 7th injector hook up took about 15min, then the computer was soso. I called Gadget at URD a few times during the install to double check stuff and also after the first test drive it was still not 100%. He told me to swap in a new TPS sensor which helped a lot. I still have the 2.2 pulley, belt, and new cooler plugs to install but if any of you S/C guys have any input on how to tell if the computer and everything is working to it's fullest? It has one of their new computers that the o2 calibrator is built into the unit also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven