OldSven's Tacoma

CYi5

Explorer
So far my rear bumper has claimed a lady's brake light as well as my mom's whole hatch on her mini van. It does a lot of damage for not even moving.

OldSven

Explorer
CYi5 said:
So far my rear bumper has claimed a lady's brake light as well as my mom's whole hatch on her mini van. It does a lot of damage for not even moving.
The fiance now considers the bumpers good investments:D

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
OldSven said:
I took the truck back to a friend at Discount Tire to have them fix one of my tires that was leaking. There was a very sweet 05' Nissan 350Z there all tricked out, black with black racing wheels on it. They backed it up out front of the windows to be picked up. Mine finally got done so they did the same. The problem was that the Z was still parked there, that's right:truck: the guy back right up on the hood of the Z with my rear bumper. Now the picture doesn't do a justice but let's just say that the small stub underneath from the swingout ripped threw the sheetmetal hood and crunched it. The tire guy ran in freakin out, I was just laughing when I saw it, because I knew the hood didn't have a chance:oops: So Disscount owes the guy a new hood but between the Moab rash and NW trees I couldn't see anything wrong with the bumper so that saved them atleast one vehicle bill...

:coffeedrink:

darthvader.jpg

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
OldSven said:
I have some big news coming up for the truck and some mods to post up soon but had to post this up first. Kind of a bad camera phone pic, it is about 12"x8" but here's the story:

GetAttachment.jpg

I took the truck back to a friend at Discount Tire to have them fix one of my tires that was leaking. There was a very sweet 05' Nissan 350Z there all tricked out, black with black racing wheels on it. They backed it up out front of the windows to be picked up. Mine finally got done so they did the same. The problem was that the Z was still parked there, that's right:truck: the guy back right up on the hood of the Z with my rear bumper. Now the picture doesn't do a justice but let's just say that the small stub underneath from the swingout ripped threw the sheetmetal hood and crunched it. The tire guy ran in freakin out, I was just laughing when I saw it, because I knew the hood didn't have a chance:oops: So Disscount owes the guy a new hood but between the Moab rash and NW trees I couldn't see anything wrong with the bumper so that saved them atleast one vehicle bill...

Love it!!!

:26_7_2:

OldSven

Explorer
Well here is the latest itch I have:smilies27 Give me your opinions if you wouldn't mind. So I took the canopy off, and I'm thinking about getting another black diamond plate truck box back on there. Keep the two ammo cans towards the back and ditch the two smaller ones up front. I like the canopy but with the trailer in the works I won't have to sleep back there anymore, plus this would help out with seeing out the back. Let's hear it:coffee:

DSC02701.jpg

DSC02702.jpg

DSC02704.jpg

DSC02705.jpg

DSC02706.jpg

DSC02703.jpg

Last edited:

Photog

Explorer
If you are not going to sleep in the back any more, and you have room, put the tire & jack in the bed. Allow better view to the rear.

OldSven

Explorer
Photog said:
If you are not going to sleep in the back any more, and you have room, put the tire & jack in the bed. Allow better view to the rear.
I used to have it like that, but then when you want to used the bed you can't without taking the stuff out. I thought about it though to get the weight off the rear bumper. Thanks.

OldSven

Explorer
So leave the gate and just add a truck box? I have one lined up, maybe I can go out and throw it on for a picture to see what it would look like.

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
I fluctuate back and forth with my soft top. No question the open bed gives better visibility, and is lighter, but there are a lot of functional reasons to keep a shell - especially in your climate. Its a toss up....

OldSven

Explorer
Jacket said:
I fluctuate back and forth with my soft top. No question the open bed gives better visibility, and is lighter, but there are a lot of functional reasons to keep a shell - especially in your climate. Its a toss up....
I'm doing the back & forth right now:confused: If I had a bobbed bed it would work out sweet but since it isn't and my weather up hear ain't the greatest the top will probably go back on. I will leave it off for the week to see if it grows on me. If not I did get some black silacone to go around the rails. Even the new seal on the top let some water in which was making me want to ditch it, but I can fix that. How is your soft topper in the rain, and dust?

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
It does Ok - good enough for me. It we get a downpour, it'll leak in a couple of spots and water will dribble in. But I drove it home from Summit Cty last summer in a downpour for about 30 minutes, and when I got home it little to no water had found its way in. Dust is a problem for sure, but I haven't done much of anything to seal all the gaps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy