OldSven's Tacoma

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I like a topper. They're just too darn handy not have one . Plus they're tough to resell...

Your topper looks good on your truck. Maybe you could add a reverse/backup camera...?

kcowyo said:
I like a topper. They're just too darn handy not have one . Plus they're tough to resell...

Your topper looks good on your truck. Maybe you could add a reverse/backup camera...?

Yeah, I vote for keeping the topper. I think your truck looks better with it on and you can't beat it for dry, locked storage.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I would vote for keeping the topper, I like how your truck looks with it on.

But it is your truck, so I think you should do whatever you want to do.

OldSven

Explorer
kcowyo said:

After thinking it over last night it is going back on. I do have a back up camera back there though and do like the storage. Thanks for all the replies though. Hopefully this week I will have some pics to show you guys the big news:peepwall:

OldSven said:
After thinking it over last night it is going back on. I do have a back up camera back there though and do like the storage. Thanks for all the replies though. Hopefully this week I will have some pics to show you guys the big news:peepwall:

Cool:26_7_2: . Your rig looks really good with it on and a canopy is always useful.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
OldSven said:

Can't wait to see what the big news is!

What back up camera are you using? I need one and can not find one that I like.

OldSven

Explorer
Overland Hadley said:
Can't wait to see what the big news is!

What back up camera are you using? I need one and can not find one that I like.
Kind of cheaper but mine is from Costco, it was like $80. I you look back threw my pages there are some pics and writ up on it.

OldSven

Explorer
I guess I can spill the beans, it is big news for me anyway. The owner of
"4WD Toyota Owner Magazine" lives up in this area. Well his photographer was working on one of my job sites and saw the truck so they asked me if I would come up to do a photo shoot and do a spread on the truck in the March/April edition coming out. We went up and spent the day wheeling and taking over 200+ photos, everything from rocks, river, mud, to snow. They haven't sent me any pics yet that is why I was waiting but I should have some this week and he said even a teaser shot of the magazine. Can't wait for it to come out:wings:

Overland Hadley

on a journey
OldSven said:
"4WD Toyota Owner Magazine" lives up in this area. Well his photographer was working on one of my job sites and saw the truck so they asked me if I would come up to do a photo shoot and do a spread on the truck in the March/April edition coming out. We went up and spent the day wheeling and taking over 200+ photos, everything from rocks, river, mud, to snow. They haven't sent me any pics yet that is why I was waiting but I should have some this week and he said even a teaser shot of the magazine. Can't wait for it to come out:wings:

That is so cool! Congratulations!

Post up some of the pics if you can.

OldSven said:

Way to go and Congratulations!

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Sven, its your truck, but please keep the topper on it... It looks much better with it on. I was going through the same thing with mine, but I just dig the way mine looks more with the topper on it...Plus, your truck is white, which makes that much cooler. :wings:

Looking forward to seeing your taco in the mag...

~James

OldSven

Explorer
stumptaco said:
Sven, its your truck, but please keep the topper on it... It looks much better with it on. I was going through the same thing with mine, but I just dig the way mine looks more with the topper on it...Plus, your truck is white, which makes that much cooler. :wings:

Looking forward to seeing your taco in the mag...

~James
Yup, the canopy is back on. The seal was kind of screwed up but I think I fixed it, and also ran a bead of silacone all the way around the bed rails. If that doesn't work I will take it back off and redue the seal again, and more silacone... New
Pro-Comp 8" 130w lights coming in tomorrow so I will get up some pics of them on there.

Last edited:

OldSven

Explorer
Got the lights on tonight, they are awsome. Couldn't fit the 6"ers down below so went up top and out to the side. I will just have to do some rock lights tucked up under the bumper so they don't get hit like the other ones.

DSC02712.jpg

DSC02716.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy