OldSven's Tacoma

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
This is probably one of the single most used modification I have done to my truck. You will use this a LOT. I wired mine to a switch, seprately for the monitor and another for the camera. Its nice to have it on when you want it one instead of only in reverse. It comes in very handy on tight trails. When I put my shell and tire gate on the back like yours, I couldnt see a thing out of the rear window.... Awesome mod!!

IMG_0222.jpg

Tag mount, 1 stock oem taco tag light, and my rear camera

SS100191.jpg

Monitor, and camera switches.

~James

OldSven

Explorer
Well last mod of 07'. I decided to reinstall my old 100w lights under the new ones for more light. Now I have a flood beam and pencil beam at a push of a button. Also moved the switches for them to the steering collum for easy access. Then decided that I was done with the chrome grill. I masked it off and painted it with some 500 degree "cast iron" color paint. Turned out great!!!

DSC02671.jpg

DSC02676.jpg

DSC02677.jpg

Last edited:

CYi5

Explorer
Lookin good :) The gunmetal grill does add a nice touch to the front end. I traded my chrome grill for one of the gunmetal grills off a standard cab. For anyone else, the guys at customtacos will be more than willing to take chrome off your hands :wings:.

OldSven

Explorer
Thanks for the replys:) I just hope I prepped it good enough for the paint to hold. I didn't realize that the grill comes off so easy. Just press the tabs down and it releases.

Willman

OldSven said:
......I didn't realize that the grill comes off so easy. Just press the tabs down and it releases.

Does the grill come out straight up? My ARB bull bar is pretty close to the grill....wondering if i have to take the bar off for this mod?

DSC03366.jpg

:chowtime:

CYi5

Explorer
From what I remember you have to pull out..if you open the hood and look down you can see the clips you need to squeeze, there are maybe 4-6 of them scattered around. Haven't personally tried it with the ARB, sorry, switched mine before I changed bumpers.

Willman

In thinking about it more.....My winch controller box is right tight to the grill.....Going to have to move the ARB out of the way for this one....

:REOutArchery02:

OldSven

Explorer
Be easy with the clips... At least these ones aren't the break away style like the fender flares. I wish I had know the grill came off so easy though, I wouldn't have had to mount the winch to the bumper first and then try and lift that thing up to mount it:oops: The one thing that sucks is that the black part of the grill can't come off without breaking all of the pre-formed tabs. Unless you plan on putting a billet insert in there, you have to mask it off to paint.

OldSven

Explorer
I have some big news coming up for the truck and some mods to post up soon but had to post this up first. Kind of a bad camera phone pic, it is about 12"x8" but here's the story:

GetAttachment.jpg

I took the truck back to a friend at Discount Tire to have them fix one of my tires that was leaking. There was a very sweet 05' Nissan 350Z there all tricked out, black with black racing wheels on it. They backed it up out front of the windows to be picked up. Mine finally got done so they did the same. The problem was that the Z was still parked there, that's right:truck: the guy back right up on the hood of the Z with my rear bumper. Now the picture doesn't do a justice but let's just say that the small stub underneath from the swingout ripped threw the sheetmetal hood and crunched it. The tire guy ran in freakin out, I was just laughing when I saw it, because I knew the hood didn't have a chance:oops: So Disscount owes the guy a new hood but between the Moab rash and NW trees I couldn't see anything wrong with the bumper so that saved them atleast one vehicle bill...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy