OldSven's Tacoma

OldSven

Explorer
CYi5 said:
Ram mount looks good. I just have a suction one for the windshield to hold my garmin, but yours definitely looks more secure. My suction failed once and the whole unit proceeded to land squarely on my metal shift knob, cracking the screen:( .

Ouch:( This one definetly isn't going anywhere unless the dash falls apart. Its nice to because with a twist of the knob you can extend it out towards you or the co-pilot.

OldSven

Explorer
Willman said:
The GPS looks great!.....Have you tested it yet?????....Does it move around at all?

:)

No moving here. The mount has two balljoints and a spring in the middle. You have to losen it up a bit to even beable to adjust the mount. The fuse block should be here by Friday so I can get everthing buttoned up. I left the relays (to much to unsalder them and move them), but got all 4 of the inline fuses off the battery.

snipecatcher

Adventurer
hey

Are you worried about it getting stolen? I've thought of doing something similar with my Meridian, but Corpus is pretty trashy and break-ins are common around here. Looks really nice though, and in a very functional position where it won't distract you from the road too bad. A+
-Dan

OldSven

Explorer
snipecatcher said:
Are you worried about it getting stolen? I've thought of doing something similar with my Meridian, but Corpus is pretty trashy and break-ins are common around here. Looks really nice though, and in a very functional position where it won't distract you from the road too bad. A+
-Dan
Not really around here. I leave it off when I'm not using it. Only if I need it or out wheeling.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
OldSven said:
Here it is!!! The new Magellan eXplorist 500 with Ram mount. Never leave home without it.

DSC01980.jpg

How did you attach your ram mount to you dash? Did you just screw the flat plate to the dash?

thanks

OldSven

Explorer
Ryanmb21 said:
How did you attach your ram mount to you dash? Did you just screw the flat plate to the dash?

thanks
I was going to just mount the Ram mount to the dash with no swivel but realized that if I did that I wouldn't beable to unscrew the power cord from the back. So I got to of the same ball mounts and the shaft, and yes just screwed it to the front panel on the dash (big screws).

OldSven

Explorer
Here is the fuse block. It was nice to get rid of all those fuses at the battery, the relay's will be another project down the road.

DSC01998.jpg

DSC01999.jpg

Dave

Explorer
OldSven said:
If you drop it?

My 600 fell off a window sill, glanced the end table 8" below the window sill, and landed on soft carpet. Couldn't have been more then a 24" drop and the screen was ruined.

OldSven

Explorer
Just got the 4.56's in today. It's not quite a supercharger but definetly back to stock as far as power. I will get some miles on it this week and wheel it up this weekend to see how they do.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
New gears.

OldSven said:
Just got the 4.56's in today. It's not quite a supercharger but definetly back to stock as far as power. I will get some miles on it this week and wheel it up this weekend to see how they do.

Who did the install for you? How are you higway RPM's? My confortable cruising speed is now 70 MPH now at 3000 RPM (speedometer corrected). By the way have you seen the: Speedometer correction 98-04 Tacoma tread?
I have had the 4.56 gears in since June and they have been working great for me.
Cheers,
P

CYi5

Explorer
I just got my 4.56's in last week. Definitely an improvement in maintaining highway speeds and less strenuous on the truck at the stop and goes. Good investment so far!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy