OldSven's Tacoma

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Yeah it would be nice to slow it down especially if you are using for a breeze when sleeping.

I wonder if a salvaged dash dimmer could handle the current for that motor?

OldSven

Explorer
Grim Reaper said:
Yeah it would be nice to slow it down especially if you are using for a breeze when sleeping.

I wonder if a salvaged dash dimmer could handle the current for that motor?
Not a bad idea. I was also thinking about a timer of some sort. That way if you fall asleep it would shut off after a bit.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
cool breeze.

OldSven said:
Also after last night's camp out, I noticed that having the windows to the canopy closed to keep the misquetos out gets kind of stuffy. So now I have a fan in my bed, that's right a fan:shakin: Has to be one of the coolest mods yet:rolleyes:

DSC01946.jpg

Now that's neat! I may have to get one of those as well.
Cheers :beer:,
P

Photog

Explorer
Interior

The outside is looking great, and extra functional!

What have you done in the cab? CB mount, GPS location, mods for the navigator? Anything to make long drives more comfortable?

OldSven

Explorer
The only things that are on the interior would be a CD/MP3 deck, CB, and fire extinguisher, rock light and 100w light switches. I'm hoping to have a GPS one day too so I can track what trails I have been on and how to get back to them...

DSC01949.jpg

DSC01950.jpg

OldSven

Explorer
Mr. Ups man dropped off my Flowmaster today. Just made it down to the exhaust shop in time to have it piped out. I was going to go for a turn down but before I welded it on it was way loud under there, plus this way the fumes are headed out.

DSC01956.jpg

All you see from the back.
DSC01957.jpg

OldSven

Explorer
Tested out the snorkel yesterday. Not bad, not bad:) The one thing I noticed though was the lid on the air box leaked some "muddy stuff" in there so I need to water test everthing and see where it is coming from:snorkel:

DSC01969.jpg

CYi5

Explorer
Ram mount looks good. I just have a suction one for the windshield to hold my garmin, but yours definitely looks more secure. My suction failed once and the whole unit proceeded to land squarely on my metal shift knob, cracking the screen:( .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy