OldSven's Tacoma

OldSven

Explorer
Got my snorkel today from Rocky-Road.com I kind of cheated (just went down and picked it up at ARB). The install wasn't bad, the only two things that are kind of a pain is the new rubber tube and the top stud. Other than that is was pretty straight forward. I did screw the top on though just because mine with the hose clamp didn't seem all that tight.
DSC01888.jpg

DSC01889.jpg

DSC01890.jpg

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Fender holes...

OldSven said:
Got my snorkel today from Rocky-Road.com I kind of cheated (just went down and picked it up at ARB). The install wasn't bad, the only two things that are kind of a pain is the new rubber tube and the top stud. Other than that is was pretty straight forward. I did screw the top on though just because mine with the hose clamp didn't seem all that tight.

Wow, you must have found a hidden money tree in your back yard! You have hit the high gear for modding. Good work. Looks like you are suffering from the fender hole disease as well. :wings:

Cheers :beer:,
P

Willman

p1michaud said:
Wow, you must have found a hidden money tree in your back yard! You have hit the high gear for modding. Good work. Looks like you are suffering from the fender hole disease as well. :wings:

P

He's using my old one:hehe:

(Note:....Oldsven is my future brother-in-law....My sister and him moved into the house after I moved to UT)

:)

Snorkel looks great!!!!...Mine too seemed to fit a little weird with the hose clamps......I put lots of silicone in the connections:)

:jumping:

OldSven

Explorer
Installed the Timbren's today. They work pretty nice. Was a little hesitant at first if they would do anything but over big speed bumps at a good speed the front end doesn't nose dive anywhere close to what it did. Plus they are progressive so I don't really know they are there under normalbumps. We will see how they do in the air:av-7:

Stock bumpstop
DSC01893.jpg

Timbren
DSC01892.jpg

OldSven

Explorer
p1michaud said:

P

Yeah I know, but it sure is fun!!! Trying to get everything done in time for Moab, then after that all I have to do is wheel it.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Save the money tree!

Willman said:
He's using my old one:hehe:

It must have recovered well after you left behind!

OldSven said:
Yeah I know, but it sure is fun!!! Trying to get everything done in time for Moab, then after that all I have to do is wheel it.

You do realize that they are never completely finished...
:)

P

OldSven

Explorer
Got the EBC brakes on today after we got back. Not to bad of install. I also bleed the whole system, and the clutch cylindar. They stop pretty freakin quick!!!

DSC01942.jpg

DSC01943.jpg

Also after last night's camp out, I noticed that having the windows to the canopy closed to keep the misquetos out gets kind of stuffy. So now I have a fan in my bed, that's right a fan:shakin: Has to be one of the coolest mods yet:rolleyes:

DSC01946.jpg

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
OldSven said:
So now I have a fan in my bed, that's right a fan:shakin: Has to be one of the coolest mods yet:rolleyes:

DSC01946.jpg
More info please. I'm wanting to do something similar.

OldSven

Explorer
HMR said:
More info please. I'm wanting to do something similar.
Found it at Schucks Auto supply for about $15. It's setup for a 12v cigarett lighter, so I cut it off and hard wired it in with the light inside my canopy. I'm putting an LED bulb in there so it won't screw with the power, but not sure how long I can leave it on over night and start the truck in the morning. It also came with a clip on style clamp or a hard mount. I will get the brand in the moring for you.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
OldSven said:
Found it at Schucks Auto supply for about $15. It's setup for a 12v cigarett lighter, so I cut it off and hard wired it in with the light inside my canopy. I'm putting an LED bulb in there so it won't screw with the power, but not sure how long I can leave it on over night and start the truck in the morning. It also came with a clip on style clamp or a hard mount. I will get the brand in the moring for you.
I have the same fan and found it at Wally world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy