OldSven's Tacoma

Applejack

Explorer
I'm very much diggin' your build, and am thinking of stealing some of your ideas for a new rack I'm building for my Taco.
Great work!:safari-rig:

OldSven

Explorer
I'm very much diggin' your build, and am thinking of stealing some of your ideas for a new rack I'm building for my Taco.
Great work!:safari-rig:

Have at... I'm trying to come up with some bike mounts for the bed. I tried putting mounts on the bed bar but the bikes are to long from that point, grrrrrr more fabbing...

01tundra

Explorer
Beautiful rig you've built there :)! I loved the look with the topper, reminds me of the good 'ole days when I had a Leer on the back of my truck....when I could still sleep in the bed....

mcm4090

Explorer
This is probably one of the single most used modification I have done to my truck. You will use this a LOT. I wired mine to a switch, seprately for the monitor and another for the camera. Its nice to have it on when you want it one instead of only in reverse. It comes in very handy on tight trails. When I put my shell and tire gate on the back like yours, I couldnt see a thing out of the rear window.... Awesome mod!!

IMG_0222.jpg

Tag mount, 1 stock oem taco tag light, and my rear camera

SS100191.jpg

Monitor, and camera switches.

~James
Can you repost the pictures? I would to how you wired the switch.

OldSven

Explorer
Can you repost the pictures? I would to how you wired the switch.

Not sure how he did it. I wired my camera into the license plate lights so that the park lights have to be on to power up the camera, but the monitor has to be switched on when you want to use it. I'm trying to find a new location now that the tire gate is off, maybe even on the back of the trailer.

mcm4090

Explorer
Not sure how he did it. I wired my camera into the license plate lights so that the park lights have to be on to power up the camera, but the monitor has to be switched on when you want to use it. I'm trying to find a new location now that the tire gate is off, maybe even on the back of the trailer.

Not a bad idea. Nice and simple.:costumed-smiley-007

Go4Lo

Explorer
Mounted up my new Prodigy Brake Controller on the truck the other day, thing works great with the trailer:)

DSC09026.jpg

This may be a dumb question, but I'm new to Toyotas. I have an 01' Tacoma that is identical to your truck but my 4wd shifter does not the button on the side like yours and my shift pattern is different?

Why would this be?

BTW - Very awsome build, beautiful truck!

Thanks

OldSven

Explorer
This may be a dumb question, but I'm new to Toyotas. I have an 01' Tacoma that is identical to your truck but my 4wd shifter does not the button on the side like yours and my shift pattern is different?

Why would this be?

BTW - Very awsome build, beautiful truck!

Thanks

Thanks. I know earlier ones had a regular style manuel shifter to them, might just be that yours is a different model, or not have that option. My button just engage's 4wd, back and forth is low and high.

hikingff77

Adventurer
Very cool truck indeed. Just how many incarnation has it had with the bed? Sweet CD set up, when I had my taco I always thought about putting one there.

OldSven

Explorer
Very cool truck indeed. Just how many incarnation has it had with the bed? Sweet CD set up, when I had my taco I always thought about putting one there.

I lost count:D About 4-5 different setup's. I'm selling the canopy, now that I have the trailer done no need to sleep in the bed of the truck and it is alot lighter now without the top and gate.

hovenator

Explorer
That is a really sweet truck! How do you like the Baja lights on the truck box? I have thought of using them for side and rear floods as well.

Go4Lo

Explorer
OldSven, do you know what the backspacing/off set is on your wheels? Are they 15x8? Any brake clearance issues?

OldSven

Explorer
The lights work great. I bought the box with them on there but at night it's nice having light on either side, or rotate one back if you are doing something in the bed. The backspacing is 4.5 I believe, they are the type "B" wheels from Wheelers. They are real close to the caliper being 15's but they don't touch, and never had any problems.

OldSven

Explorer
Finally pulled the trigger on a dual battery setup. A fridge is in my future for the trailer and I'm already maxed out with lights, winch, etc. I picked up a yellow top Optima at Costco yesterday, and Salue hooked me up with the BlueSea battery switch for my birthday. It's a pretty simple deal, the switch just has three polls on it for batt #1, batt #2, and Common for your factory hot and fuse block wire. I cut out a plate for the batteries to rest on and then just welded some angle on the stock bracket to hold them down (they are squezzed in there pretty tight, they probably wouldn't move even without a bracket). The only thing was to move the overflow bottle to the fan shroud and your set:)

DSC09515.jpg

DSC09516.jpg

DSC09517.jpg

DSC09522.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy