Overland Journal: Discovery I, 5-speed

Ray_G

Explorer
I'm really interested in exploring the manual window concept that was being discussed. I've considered it a few times and just assumed the best way to do it would be to pair up with someone bringing over a Defender and throw a whole set of at least front doors in the truck as it goes in the container, that way you've got everything just in case.

High Center

Adventurer
I'm really interested in exploring the manual window concept that was being discussed. I've considered it a few times and just assumed the best way to do it would be to pair up with someone bringing over a Defender and throw a whole set of at least front doors in the truck as it goes in the container, that way you've got everything just in case.

I agree- If the doors mate up, I would certainly be willing to trade them out.

Scott Brady

Founder
Enjoying a quiet week in the office and going through images. Here is the Discovery in its latest iteration (minus the SD rack) when we crossed the Altar desert in Mexico. I think I might take her out this weekend and stretch the legs a bit.

1995_DiscoveryI.jpg

dcwhybrew

Adventurer
Enjoying a quiet week in the office and going through images. Here is the Discovery in its latest iteration (minus the SD rack) when we crossed the Altar desert in Mexico. I think I might take her out this weekend and stretch the legs a bit.

View attachment 131660

Makes me miss my 96 Disco SD...that was the one that started the addiction. 6 more were to follow! And now, I have none...

Scott, your truck makes me miss my 99 D1 sd aswell, it was also my first car! i loved the thing. but if i ever come by white D1 SD 5 speed, i am scooping it up! and putting the series resto project forsale!

Dmarchand

Adventurer
How do the warn hid w400 lights perform? I've seen them on a couple of the OJ trucks. Like the sizing but hard to tell what the quality is.

Scott Brady

Founder
Feel the white Discovery I love. Who thought 245/75s could look that sexy ;)

340572_10151551348408275_1564849504_o.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
How do the warn hid w400 lights perform? I've seen them on a couple of the OJ trucks. Like the sizing but hard to tell what the quality is.
This truck runs Baja Designs 4" Fuegos. They are understated, all metal construction and have excellent performance for the size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3