- Panhard Rod Adjustable
- Terrafirma return to centre (RTC) steering damper
- Steering Damper Side Mount Kit
- Steering Damper Mount Kit on a LHD Disco 1 GL79RHD

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg9.jpg

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Peter,

Perhaps you can start a new thread with the details of your build rather than posting in this thread that is about Scott Brady's truck?

Craig

blue bomber

Adventurer
Youre a braver man than I. There is NO way I would be underneath a truck supported in the rear in this spot.

Huh?? This is one of the strongest sections of the chassis. The fore and aft suspension movement is secured at this point. Not sure how to calculate the strength but there is massive load on this section. Not a failure issue on rover frames.The front and rear link attachment points are at the same height. Creating an even lifting point.
Done it may times.

junkyddog11

Oil Soaked Filter
Youre a braver man than I. There is NO way I would be underneath a truck supported in the rear in this spot.
I've been picking them up for years with a lift on this point. If you can't pick it up there where would you? Probably one of the strongest parts of the frame, I would say probably stronger than the actual frame on either side of that point.

Scott Brady

Founder
Quick update on my Disco - still have it - still drive it (whenever I am in the US) and still love it

No new modifications and nothing really new on the schedule. I might actually start taking a few things off or out of it ;)

Scott Brady

Founder
I think Bobby Curtis is first on the list if I ever sold it.

The problem is, I would regret selling it the moment it drove away. I will just keep it - it makes me smile and it looks darn good parked in our office :sombrero:

Oh, and it makes for a good desk to look at maps and take pictures of guns
545123_10150924888673275_2106494279_n.jpg

On its trip to Mexico, doing what a Land Rover should (looking stylish for a photo)
404314_10150734436028275_308869835_n.jpg

Ray_G

Explorer
I think Bobby Curtis is first on the list if I ever sold it.

The problem is, I would regret selling it the moment it drove away. I will just keep it - it makes me smile and it looks darn good parked in our office :sombrero:

Oh, and it makes for a good desk to look at maps and take pictures of guns
545123_10150924888673275_2106494279_n.jpg

Sweet, is there an upcoming edition of OJ that is 'guns of the Afghan resistance'?

High Center

Adventurer
Enfield

That's so funny man- I often relate my Disco to an Enfield. Tough, wonky and VERY British. I have an idea bouncing around for a headliner mount (map pocket area) for an SMLE. I'll pretend I'm crossing the veld on my way to the mall.... :ylsmoke:

Great truck by the way.

Best
HC

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
OJ does need more gun content
Speaking as a long time gun owner I have to say, not really. There are so many magazines now devoted to guns and others with a lot of gun content, I don't really see the need in a magazine devoted to overlanding. Particularly when taking a gun with you across many borders can get you in trouble at worst, or more closely scrutinized at best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwralliance