Overland Journal: Discovery I, 5-speed

Maine 110

craig said:
Why is "Out West" not wooded? We have incredibly dense forests in WA, OR, ID, MT, and Northern CA.

Us sheltered easterners who only think of "out West" as Western slope of the Rocky's and SW... Wide open desert and mesa's...

Blueboy

Adventurer
Racks are kind of like buying a large backpack. No matter how big it is it always seems to get filled up with stuff.

lol!! especially on long trips.

here is our rack on a recent trip to P.E.I.

DSCN4105.jpg

Jaime

Blueboy

Adventurer
Hi Sinu,

Close - Actually it is a lobster trap.

They make great foot rests for use on the patio or deck.

This one is from P.E.I. and we have 2 more from Maine.

Jaime

traveltoad

Aaron S
Blueboy said:
Hi Sinu,

Close - Actually it is a lobster trap.

They make great foot rests for use on the patio or deck.

This one is from P.E.I. and we have 2 more from Maine.

Jaime

Where are the lobsters???

Yum yum.... lobster....

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
I love the look of the Safety Devices, Land Rover Genuine rack, trust me.

I just do not have a need for one, and am not willing to sacrifice the economy, height and COG just for the looks.
You met the reason we have a small roof rack....my black lab. Nothing eats up cargo space like a slobbering, tail wagging pooch. That said, our little half rack is often empty and primarily just a depository for wet stuff.

I like the clean lines of your DI.

Wanderlusty

Explorer
After :drool: all over the most recent pictures of your Disco, I took a peek out at E-Bay (probably not the best place, but a good idea to test the market anyway) and was very surprised to see just how affordable the D1's, and even early D2's are.

If I am ever able to get this Taco sold, I might have to take a look at these. I had thought strongly about the Trooper, but I am seeing these things going in the same, or in some cases, lower prices.

I want a vehicle I can pretty much buy outright....and to be done with a car loan.

One of these just may fit the bill.

Nice looking truck. Really nice.

Looks like you sold your Taco just in time, too. I can't get any traction on trying to sell mine....

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
7"

The NATO Steelies are 6.5"
Just got the latest Overland Journal and saw your rig. Looks nice.
Just one comment, those don't look like NATO wheels, but rather Series/Stage1 wheels.
Unless I'm mistaken, which I very well could be, true NATO wheels are the same as Wolf wheels, as below.
Image6.jpg

At least all my NATO's are like that.

Last edited:

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Antichrist said:
Just got the latest Overland Journal and saw your rig. Looks nice.
Just one comment, those don't look like NATO wheels, but rather Series/Stage1 wheels.
Unless I'm mistaken, which I very well could be, true NATO wheels are the same as Wolf wheels, as below.

At least all my NATO's are like that.

I noticed the same thing. I know BP sells NATO's maybe they are something new. Either way, looks good.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
kellymoe said:
I noticed the same thing. I know BP sells NATO's maybe they are something new.
Yeah, I tried to look, but googling "nato site:www.britishpacific.com" came up empty for any wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk