Overland Journal Project Land Rover Discovery 4 (LR4)

brickpaul65

Adventurer
The install is not a problem for me. It is the current cost of the basic hardware exceeding $400 to $500. A heavy duty hinge for 35's is $100 delivered from summit machine. Then $100 to $150 for the tube stock and plate assembly.

I have no welding equipment or skill but I would buy a carrier if they were reasonably priced.

Cheepes I see on the market is tactical rovers for 500+ but they are design to fit there steel bumper on a LR3. Or you can go for the one sold out of Australia for 3000 plus shipping.

Finlayforprez

Observer
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share a few recent pictures of my Discovery 4. I recently installed the last available Kaymar rear bumper from Outback Proven and currently working on a custom tire swing away. As you can see, both Kaymar stock spindles were cut out and a new spindle was welded in place. The custom tire swing away is currently in progress and I hope to install in early January 2015. I also have the last long-range fuel tank from Outback Proven and will install later.

Happy Holidays!!!

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share a few recent pictures of my Discovery 4. I recently installed the last available Kaymar rear bumper from Outback Proven and currently working on a custom tire swing away. As you can see, both Kaymar stock spindles were cut out and a new spindle was welded in place. The custom tire swing away is currently in progress and I hope to install in early January 2015. I also have the last long-range fuel tank from Outback Proven and will install later.

Happy Holidays!!!

Are you in SoCal? I want to put in a long range tank on my LR4 want to see how you do it and any problems you might have putting it in

A.J.M

Explorer
Findly, I KNEW i had seen your LR4 somewhere before. ( commented on your fb post in a group a few days ago, asking about your rear bumper. )

Finlayforprez

Observer
Are you in SoCal? I want to put in a long range tank on my LR4 want to see how you do it and any problems you might have putting it in

Hi Ivan... Nice to see you on here, I am also on the LR Forums and have talked to you. I am in Northern CA most of the time. A buddy of mine in the rover club actually has installed the long-range fuel tank that Outback Proven used to sell (they no longer have them, I actually bought the last one). He did not use any of the retro fit stuff they provided for filler hose, etc. Basically it is made for a turbodiesel and he had to do a bit of modification for the US petrol. I can get more specifics for you once I install mine - will do a full write up.

Please since I'll see if I can find a new tank or just build one using the same mounting points. The friend who made my rear tire carrier said he could build one but I just want to make sure its secure up there. After this weekend in big bear I tested the hell out of all my skid/rock sliders and almost tip over if it wasn't for God + my winch I also hit the exhaust and dent it. Clearance is the biggest issue on a LR4.

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
The IIDT tool is not considered another spend, it is a mandatory, essential tool all LR3/4 owners should have.
Thanks for the kind words, Nathan (and all others too!).

Believe it or not, we have been working on various angles to this. JLR in the UK does not seem to like us, tho...

churious

Great thread! Former LR3 owner and currently looking for an LR4. This thread has me very excited!

The one thought I keep having is that a bunch of LR3/LR4/RR owners ought to pool together and get Compomotive to do a Group Buy!

A shot in the LR3... Out Elk hunting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz