Overland XJs Unite!

vonguido

Adventurer
Greg I agree, love the red. However if I could get it in that sand color jeep released for the wrangler I would.
I have been following your trailer build from the start, really jealous. Wish I had the fab skills to build a trailer....some day maybe.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Greg I agree, love the red. However if I could get it in that sand color jeep released for the wrangler I would.
I have been following your trailer build from the start, really jealous. Wish I had the fab skills to build a trailer....some day maybe.

Thanks man... and yeah I love the Sand Beige colour as well. I wanted a 2010 Wrangler in that colour with the matching hard top. There were a few Rubicon's running around here in that combo, looks NICE. Here is what mine looks like waxed and washed.

Shiny!!

vonguido

Adventurer
Thanks man... and yeah I love the Sand Beige colour as well. I wanted a 2010 Wrangler in that colour with the matching hard top. There were a few Rubicon's running around here in that combo, looks NICE. Here is what mine looks like waxed and washed.

Shiny!!

That looks flawless!!! I went off road the other night and it got really tight with trees and I now have a bunch of scratches in the clear coat that I need to have buffed out and waxed.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
That looks flawless!!! I went off road the other night and it got really tight with trees and I now have a bunch of scratches in the clear coat that I need to have buffed out and waxed.

It might look flawless, but it aint. lol There are a bunch of dents and small scratches all over as well as some good ole BC Pinstripe from the trees. The hood has 3 decent dents, 2 from a golf ball, and one from me closing it and it hitting the bend in the cowl snorkel. Oops. The red does a good job of hiding it! Like I say, she is a 15 footer...looks amazing from 15 feet, 10 a little rougher, 5 ok I see some flaws, up close...oh crud. I must have scraped off 20 big blobs of pitch too...man that tree sap is amazing stuff!

92expeditionxj

92 xj

Hi from the north east
20130827_160508.jpgForumRunner_20130421_172154.jpg20130531_132948.jpg4.5 rc
Cut and fold
Build for light wheeling
33s
Way more to come ive had 14+ however this will be my first expo rig

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Been MIA for a while and thought I'd post up. Been getting my 01 sport converted over to 4wd and finally have it back on the road. Nice having my butt in the jeep again. Woot! :)

Zombies or politicians... I choose zombies!

elistwrt

Observer
nyse2u3e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

elistwrt

Observer
Im just now getting into overland exploration... Here's my starting point.. 97 4.0 4x4 auto do chryco 8.25, 4.5 lift adjustable control arms, sway bar discos, full 4.5 leafs and gm shackle for an extra 3/4 of an ing 31×10.50 AT, roof rack in the garage, next step rear storage and a winch and bumper

Morticon

Adventurer
I've probably posted in here but I'll post again with an update to help revive the thread.

2000 limited. Fully loaded. NP-242 transfer case. Automatic.

2" OME lift sitting on 215/85r16s (30.5x8.5) Motomaster Total Terrain AT2(using the old cooper AT2 tread design)

Now for the fun part. Pictures.

image_zpsa719cbcf.jpg

image_zpsf87abc4d.jpg

IMG-20121007-00581.jpg

To come: diff guards of some sort and rock sliders for my precious rust free rockers!

Last edited:

elistwrt

Observer
uploadfromtaptalk1390781470459.jpg After hunkering down for Winter Storm Kronos lol we were tired of being in the house so we decided to go camp on the beach.. it was COLD!!! Can't wait until I'm get my Tepui!!

skybluebumpers

this one.jpg

Here is mine, it is a 92 XJ Laredo with the Rubicon package.
When I first built the Jeep I was living in Louisiana and built it to explore the forest trails but 2 years ago I moved to Texas and I have yet to see a forest trail in South Texas. LOL To adapt to the Texas Jeep scene I rebuild it to climb on rocks. Since the photo was taken I've changed the following - went from a 3" lift to 5 1/2" tires are now a 33x12.5x15, front and rear body armor, 40" LED light bar mounted on top of the A pillar, dual 6" LED lights mounted on the roof for back up lights, removed the roof rack and took the swing arm carrier off.
Additional mods CB, stereo, custom built front and read bumpers, interior lights changed out to LED's. Installing long arms this month and then saving for 4:88 gears, chrome axels and air lockers front and rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal