Pause overland trailer

Treefarmer

It's almost like the only way one can get this information is to buy one and then get a vin # to know the capacities. Crazy
We've used MoRyde products for 11 years and have been to their factory service center in Elkhart twice. When we heard about this new suspension, we were immediately interested. The fact that dealers, Palomino, and even MorRyde can't provide any specs on it is amazing to me. We actually went ahead and bought the CruseMaster ATX instead. This Australian product was easier to obtain and and easier to get detailed specs on than the MorRyde American product! I figure that if we finally learn more about the MorRyde product and like it, we could sell the CM ATX and use MorRyde instead, but I'm not holding my breath at this point. We'll see MorRyde at the Quartzsite RV show in January. I'll betcha that I can't get any details out of them at that show either.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Still no specs on the Pause. So dealers are taking orders at 138K+ and list Jan delivery. I guess folks are so excited to get one the order with out knowing the gvw and other specs. Crazy. My guess is this means they are several moths from the first production run.

One dealer made a video about how the Pause being so well built at 138K + will cause other manufacturers to build higher quality trailers far under 100k. Baffled by that reasoning.

Does anyone out there agree with this prediction?

Treefarmer

I'm still trying to figure out why the Pause has a base price of $139k and the X195 has a base price of $125k. Maybe people value the Garmin technology at $14k? By the time you make the modifications that make the Pause equal (in theory) to the X195, that Pause is probably now at $150k. Unless you are very well off, I don't see many people willing to pay six figures for a trailer you only use a half dozen times a year. If you live in it fulltime, paying six figures makes a little more sense. I know I'm in the minority, but I also don't see the wisdom in financing an RV. A recreational toy should be purchased with cash. Follow that rule, and several other simple rules, and you can retire by age 50. Then you can use that six figure trailer on a fulltime basis.

Yes not sure what planet the local dealer here is on. Talking about the average American making 50-60 k a year and how manufacturers need offer trailers at 50k so these folks can afford one. Not sure how many hard working folks can pay cash or even finance a 50k toy. Livin in a bubble

Treefarmer

Yes not sure what planet the local dealer here is on. Talking about the average American making 50-60 k a year and how manufacturers need offer trailers at 50k so these folks can afford one. Not sure how many hard working folks can pay cash or even finance a 50k toy. Livin in a bubble
Let's be blunt here. If you're making $50k-$60k a year and haven't saved enough to pay cash for your preferred RV, then your "RV" should be a backpack and a tent. At that income, you certainly don't need additional debt in the form of an RV loan. You should be taking care of the lower levels of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs first!

Last edited:

Ozarker

Let's be blunt here. If you're making $50k-$60k a year and haven't saved enough to pay cash for your preferred RV, then you're "RV" should be a backpack and a tent. At that income, you certainly don't need additional debt in the form of an RV loan. You should be taking care of the lower levels of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs first!
Not to but in, but I will.

50/60 K a year was good money in 1990 around here. Today, at that income level in Hawaii, you might not go out to eat but once a week and it's not on Diamond Head. In any of the "Sans" of Cali or New York, City, even Dallas, you're on a beer budget.

On that income you're also going to need an 80-100K truck to pull that dream trailer.

I totally agree about financing much of anything for an RV.

Now, how can you expect to reach self-actualization without fulfilling the need to first realize self-esteem?

Alloy

I'm still trying to figure out why the Pause has a base price of $139k and the X195 has a base price of $125k. Maybe people value the Garmin technology at $14k? By the time you make the modifications that make the Pause equal (in theory) to the X195, that Pause is probably now at $150k. Unless you are very well off, I don't see many people willing to pay six figures for a trailer you only use a half dozen times a year. If you live in it fulltime, paying six figures makes a little more sense. I know I'm in the minority, but I also don't see the wisdom in financing an RV. A recreational toy should be purchased with cash. Follow that rule, and several other simple rules, and you can retire by age 50. Then you can use that six figure trailer on a fulltime basis.

20-30 years ago if someone couldn't afford it they could build it. Now those skills are few and far between.

The recational (RV, boat, bike) industry would disapear if there wasn't financing. It's at the point now that dealers don't show the price, just the bi-weekly payments.

Last edited:

Treefarmer

Not to but in, but I will.

50/60 K a year was good money in 1990 around here. Today, at that income level in Hawaii, you might not go out to eat but once a week and it's not on Diamond Head. In any of the "Sans" of Cali or New York, City, even Dallas, you're on a beer budget.

On that income you're also going to need an 80-100K truck to pull that dream trailer.

I totally agree about financing much of anything for an RV.

Now, how can you expect to reach self-actualization without fulfilling the need to first realize self-esteem?
I'd say $50/$60k was also good money in most of the US as recently as 2000. I also think people need to take another look at what self esteem really means! ?

NomadNorman

Still no specs on the Pause. So dealers are taking orders at 138K+ and list Jan delivery. I guess folks are so excited to get one the order with out knowing the gvw and other specs. Crazy. My guess is this means they are several moths from the first production run.

Well according to the below comment the first production is complete and shipped. So @ROA-OFFROAD where are the specs?

Trailers finished production yesterday December 19th and are shipping out today to a few locations. Pause trailers are officially on the market.

Alloy

Well according to the below comment the first production is complete and shipped. So @ROA-OFFROAD where are the specs?

I called the dealer that's close to Seattle. There will be on in 3 weeks (so Forrest River must have the numbers by now) at the Tacoma Show and they are "considering" the Seattle show. The Seattle show is suppose to be the biggest in the PNW so it doen't make sense for Forrest River not to have one there.

Treefarmer

I called the dealer that's close to Seattle. There will be on in 3 weeks (so Forrest River must have the numbers by now) at the Tacoma Show and they are "considering" the Seattle show. The Seattle show is suppose to be the biggest in the PNW so it doen't make sense for Forrest River not to have one there.
I'm always surprised that there aren't any off road trailer manufacturers at the Quartzsite RV show in January. This area is the boondocking capital of AZ. It would be a natural customer base for companies producing trailers like the Pause, Ember, and even the higher end trailers like Dweller that are produced in pretty large numbers. Driving by the other day it looked like one of the smaller two wheel Embers is on the lot for display, so maybe there will be some of these other brands there as well this year.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Let's be blunt here. If you're making $50k-$60k a year and haven't saved enough to pay cash for your preferred RV, then your "RV" should be a backpack and a tent. At that income, you certainly don't need additional debt in the form of an RV loan. You should be taking care of the lower levels of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs first!
I can remember when my wife and I bought our first Jamboree Motorhome. We were in our 20's, I was a Tech working at a Jag dealer, she was in accounting, we had bought our first home 2 years prior, and did not make much money. Money was super tight, put in a lot of hours, but it was the best purchase ever, had a blast. Yes, we were broke, but so what, live life. Debt teaches a lot.

My guess is the delay in posting GVWR and CCC is purposeful. For me these rigs are freaking beasts. I bet there are plenty of folks that disagree. I bet the dry weight has gone over expectations and is pushing the GVWR over what most half ton pickups and or suv's can handle especially off road. Also causing the CCC to shrink.

I think I might reach out to my old frat buddy Warren Buffet and let him know his VP s are not being straight up with us hard working Americons

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven