Pause overland trailer

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I think these discussions are important in forum’s like this. These social forums are pretty influential in people’s decision making.
Even the some of the long timers here I disagree with. It would really bother me if I met one of you in the future and find out your struggling maybe even homeless and I remember you built some crazy expensive rig and had a build thread. I would feel like “this forum community” didn’t talk about the cost of these rigs enough and the financial risks they could pose if you get caught up in the frenzy and take on a debt that just isn’t good for your situation.

I think we do better than many forums in discussing this. Many of the threads regarding places to live and work have been amazing and full of really good info. Even some discussions around how to build up a career and your wealth have been great.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

So i watched the latest ROA Vid about those Cinderella travel incinerator toilet. He films it in a Pause. The Pause had one of those cheesy gas fireplaces. OMG you can take the trailer out of Elkhart but you can't take the Elkhart out of the trailer. Not ROAs fault and it was an informative video.

The toilet at first look seem very cool. If I win the lottery I might consider buying one. Not sure how much power they use (12v and propane) and I believe they are $4,500+ install + reusable bags. Wonder what incidental chemicals are created from the incineration. Company seem green. Tust but verify. No water is a good thing

Last edited:

DFNDER

There are all kinds of people driving around in million dollar motor homes. If they are enjoying their lives and have the money, why not. Same for boats. A few friends have very expensive boats that depreciate like crazy as well but they can afford it. If a $200K trailer makes you happy, and you have the money, then enjoy it and consider the investment you’re making in memories.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
So i watched the latest ROA Vid about those Cinderella travel incinerator toilet. He films it in a Pause. The Pause had one of those cheesy gas fireplaces. OMG you can take the trailer out of Elkhart but you can't take the Elkhart out of the trailer. Not ROAs fault and it was an informative video.

The toilet at first look seem very cool. If I win the lottery I might consider buying one. Not sure how much power they use (12v and propane) and I believe they are $4,500+ install + reusable bags. Wonder what incidental chemicals are created from the incineration. Company seem green. Tust but verify. No water is a good thing
Crazy I just watched that too. Popped up in my feed. So the bowl has a bag liner that gets pulled into the combustion chamber thus clean bowl. I was curious how the bowl stays clean? The bag lines the bowl?

Yeah $4500 to buy the throne doesn’t include any of the hardware needed to setup. Ie vent stack system and power feed. Would be interesting how many flushes per 1lb propane can. ?

I like the idea would really change the RV market and maybe the marine market. I wonder if the price is actually two or three meaning you pay $4500 and Cinderella sends two crappers to Burundi?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
There are all kinds of people driving around in million dollar motor homes. If they are enjoying their lives and have the money, why not. Same for boats. A few friends have very expensive boats that depreciate like crazy as well but they can afford it. If a $200K trailer makes you happy, and you have the money, then enjoy it and consider the investment you’re making in memories.

I belong to one of the biggest Yacht Clubs in CA. We have 430 club slips and several 1000 members. I can only think of one boat that was a 1mill build that’s actually owned by a individual. Your friends are either Russian or feeding you a good sea shanty.

Crazy I just watched that too. Popped up in my feed. So the bowl has a bag liner that gets pulled into the combustion chamber thus clean bowl. I was curious how the bowl stays clean? The bag lines the bowl?

Yeah $4500 to buy the throne doesn’t include any of the hardware needed to setup. Ie vent stack system and power feed. Would be interesting how many flushes per 1lb propane can. ?

I like the idea would really change the RV market and maybe the marine market. I wonder if the price is actually two or three meaning you pay $4500 and Cinderella sends two crappers to Burundi?

Didn't realize they run on 1 lb propane cans. I don't believe its super easy to recycle those my guess is most end up in landfill. Not super green if this is the case

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I think these discussions are important in forum’s like this. These social forums are pretty influential in people’s decision making.
Even the some of the long timers here I disagree with. It would really bother me if I met one of you in the future and find out your struggling maybe even homeless and I remember you built some crazy expensive rig and had a build thread. I would feel like “this forum community” didn’t talk about the cost of these rigs enough and the financial risks they could pose if you get caught up in the frenzy and take on a debt that just isn’t good for your situation.

I think we do better than many forums in discussing this. Many of the threads regarding places to live and work have been amazing and full of really good info. Even some discussions around how to build up a career and your wealth have been great.
That is very true. Conversations like this are very important, much more than others. As someone else stated, overlanding, camping, exploring with a Subi and a tent, is awesome. Some of by best memories is in a tent with nothing. I still love my tent, camping out of my 2000 XJ.

ROA-OFFROAD

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Since they are basically the same price now, what's a better relative "value" at this point, the Roamer1 or the Pause (IYHO)?

That's a tough question. Technically the pause costs more than the x195 or the roamer 1. I think people will be making their decision based on layout preferences, ceiling height, and bed size more than anything else. Both are excellent options but the x195 is 6'4 inches inside and the pause is more like 6'6" or taller. The bathroom in the x195 is like 6ft tall. So Its things like this that automatically take some trailers out of the running. The bed in the x195 is 54x75, so for those who want a larger bed, x195 isnt the best. Again, they are very different. I think the x195/ roamer 1 has the best insulation/ battery/ solar package on the market, but it lacks in some areas that simply just wont work for some families. So its really got to be an open discussion to help figure out the right fit.

Treefarmer

That's a tough question. Technically the pause costs more than the x195 or the roamer 1. I think people will be making their decision based on layout preferences, ceiling height, and bed size more than anything else. Both are excellent options but the x195 is 6'4 inches inside and the pause is more like 6'6" or taller. The bathroom in the x195 is like 6ft tall. So Its things like this that automatically take some trailers out of the running. The bed in the x195 is 54x75, so for those who want a larger bed, x195 isnt the best. Again, they are very different. I think the x195/ roamer 1 has the best insulation/ battery/ solar package on the market, but it lacks in some areas that simply just wont work for some families. So its really got to be an open discussion to help figure out the right fit.
Do you know what size tires the Pause uses? I know the R1/X195 use 265/75R16. Thanks!

ROA-OFFROAD

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Do you know what size tires the Pause uses? I know the R1/X195 use 265/75R16. Thanks!

The pause is at shanes house right now, but send me an email joshk@rvsofamerica.com and I can get you those sizes when the trailer comes back to the shop.

Also, when is expedition portal going to get some GIF's in here o_O communication via gifs > actual words. IMO

Wanted to post a fun gif but I am relegated to type words like we are back on AOL instant messenger.

DFNDER

I never said million dollar boats. I said very expensive boats. Lots of $100K up to $500K boats in the C-Bay and they’re not even oligarchs or Russian mafia, just got their money the old fashioned way—from mom and dad. Now about those million dollar motor homes. Lots of those on the road no question. They just don’t like to circulate with us overland dirtbags.
I belong to one of the biggest Yacht Clubs in CA. We have 430 club slips and several 1000 members. I can only think of one boat that was a 1mill build that’s actually owned by an individual. Your friends are either Russian or feeding you a good sea shanty.

Watched the latest vid on Pause from the local dealer. This rig is for the wealthy glamper that's for sure. Not knocking to each his own right? One question. That front tounge a frame is loaded and does not have much clearance from truck bumper. Turning radius and tounge weight might be an issue. Thoughts?

Treefarmer

Turning radius will definitely be an issue the owner needs to be constantly aware of. If you're towing with the right vehicle, I don't worry about tongue weight on a travel trailer. I'd much rather have extra weight on the front of a bumper pull rather than on the rear.

I like that they advertise it as "100% waterproof" on the ROA website. Nothing can ever be 100" waterproof. Water always wins in the end. The Pause has a lot going for it, but not at the $139k+ price tag. That's a lot to pay for a cool looking weekend warrior RV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven