Post pictures of your Land Rover.

d110pickup

SE Expedition Society
Dave,
Thanks for the response. I've mulled over the storage locker area and really haven't hit on an idea I like yet.
I look forward to seeing more photos.
Also, do you have a P/N for the WMIK grill? The last one I found showed NLA.
BTW, here's a shot of my 110.
Thanks,
Mike
CopyofImg0693.jpg

Canol 109

Observer
Dave,
Thanks for the response. I've mulled over the storage locker area and really haven't hit on an idea I like yet.
I look forward to seeing more photos.
Also, do you have a P/N for the WMIK grill? The last one I found showed NLA.
BTW, here's a shot of my 110.
Thanks,
Mike
CopyofImg0693.jpg

I got the grill by contacting a UK Ebay seller directly and asking for a price and shipping quote. Cost me about $150cdn total...although I had seen them go on ebay uk for a lot more (200 uk pounds). I think you should just keep trollling on the ebay UK site as I don't believe they were ever available to the general public and only become available when the MoD has a sell off.

Regarding the sliders...hopefully the attached make sense. I was lucky enough to purchase them from a friend who had made them for his military 110.

5.jpg3.jpg6.jpg1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg

Nice Truck BTW...I miss my soft top from my old 109. It was the best in the summer, and surprisingly pretty warm in the winter.

Cheers,
Dave

discotdi

Adventurer
Dave any rubbing issues with the 255 tires? I have a 110 with a 200tdi and HD LR springs and I have been considering going with the 255 instead of the 235/85/16. They look really good but a bit tight.

Canol 109

Observer
Dave any rubbing issues with the 255 tires? I have a 110 with a 200tdi and HD LR springs and I have been considering going with the 255 instead of the 235/85/16. They look really good but a bit tight.

With the wolf rims and the increased offset no rubbing. On the standard rims...not sure.

tacr2man

Adventurer
What is all installed on that roof? Twin snorkel intake?

Hi, one is a donaldson for the RED DOT aircon (the big box in middle front of roof) which allows you to have fresh air intake on dusty tracks and pressurises the interior to keep bulldust out . The l/h side is another donaldson which precleans the air that goes down to landrover V8 standard aircleaner under the bonnet, the breathers for gearboxes , and axles also feed of this for wading purposes. Further spec on the car , added over the years , twin Maxi drive diff locks , with H/D axle shafts and CV joints . Doubled up shocks , HD progressive springs (still with Boge hydromat load leveller) 285/75R16 BFG MT with two spare wheels. On board air with storage tank , 2 extra fuel tanks . Steering guard, ARB bull bar , with Warn 8724 winch. Stainless steel exhaust. Engine has been replaced with ex discovery 3.9 fuel injected unit , H/D radiator, and engine oil cooler. Twin batteries with split charge, and 120amp alternator. Its now a 5 seater with load restraint barrier behind seats. Air horns and strobe hazard lighting front and rear. For navigation use a Garmin 7200 .

blue bomber

Adventurer
Thanks for appreciating my little rig. The drive train is as follows....
1960 88
1997 vortec 350, Holley truck avenger 670 CFM carb,HEI with "melonized" drive gear.
NP 435 with 50-3801 AA adapter
1970 series IIa transfer case with "B" suffix gears, 2.88 low range ratio. AA adapter 50-9000
Stock axle housings with 3/8" thick pipe caps weld on in place of the stock sheet metal. 3.54 rover type , ARB rd56, Maxi-drive 300m rear shafts. Great Basin Rover HD cvs. Roam Offroad disc brake kit ( proto type kit from BCB).
Scout II power steering.
Painless wiring harness.
Allied wheels.
Blah,blah, fun to drive and nets 17 mpg to boot!
aefde1f4-c41d-bfc0.jpg
aefde1f4-c436-0e00.jpg
aefde1f4-c465-1c72.jpg
aefde1f4-c478-a285.jpg
aefde1f4-c492-0df0.jpg

Notice the absence of oil leaks. Land Rovers don't have to leak oil. You just have to use modern sealants and quality seals.

Last edited:

jaygoss

Thanks for appreciating my little rig. The drive train is as follows....
1960 88
1997 vortec 350, Holley truck avenger 670 CFM carb,HEI with "melonized" drive gear.
NP 435 with 50-3801 AA adapter
1970 series IIa transfer case with "B" suffix gears, 2.88 low range ratio. AA adapter 50-9000
Stock axle housings with 3/8" thick pipe caps weld on in place of the stock sheet metal. 3.54 rover type , ARB rd56, Maxi-drive 300m rear shafts. Great Basin Rover HD cvs. Roam Offroad disc brake kit ( proto type kit from BCB).
Scout II power steering.
Painless wiring harness.
Allied wheels.
Blah,blah, fun to drive and nets 17 mpg to boot!
aefde1f4-c41d-bfc0.jpg
aefde1f4-c436-0e00.jpg
aefde1f4-c465-1c72.jpg
aefde1f4-c478-a285.jpg
aefde1f4-c492-0df0.jpg

Notice the absence of oil leaks. Land Rovers don't have to leak oil. You just have to use modern sealants and quality seals.

I love this Rover! Did Timm Cooper have a hand in this- or was this your evil creation?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven