Post pictures of your Land Rover.

KMET

Adventurer
1N37A - Bean Flats, in SBNF near the Heart Bar campground off of 38. Its a pretty easy run down hill, would be more challenging going up

my map shows that trail is a dead end? that true?

I make mid week runs into BB, just looking for some trails that interest me.

thx

86inch

My 110 Dormobile

Hi all, I'm a newcomer to the forum, but a long, long time Land Rover fan, having had almost the full gamut of them in the past!
But here is my current and to be longest "serving" wagon. My 110 CSW that has been converted to a 4-berth Dormobile camper.

IMAG0018.jpg

It wasn't quite finished in this pic, but 90% complete. It has had a few extra's since then and has a wide range of mod cons! Perfect for my family.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Welcome, 86inch ! More photos, please ! ! ! Are those the Blindo wheels ? Would like to hear about the "wide range of mod cons" :coffeedrink:

86inch

110 Dormobile.. further info!

Thanks for your interest..!

The wheels are indeed Blindo's, outrageously expensive, but i think they do look cool, and wouldn't swap back!

We have converted the 110 for family camping and it has....

Dormobile elevating roof with twin bunks at roof level
A set of four "fold flat" seats in lieu of the originals to make two further bunks "downstairs"
Eberspacher diesel heater
60 litre underslung water tank on the passenger (left hand) side with hand-pump tap inside
12v 45 litre Waeco compressor fridge
Storage cupboards from Mobile Storage Systems (UK company) and wardrobe from Dormobile, this is a copy of the 1960's version, but modified by me to have shelving and more storage in the bottom.
Cooker/grill on back door for use inside/outside
20 litre underslung LPG tank on the drivers (Right hand) side for cooker gas - this is perhaps overkill, but no issues with bottles runing out or gassifying problems in winter
240 volt electric hook up with 16a RCD and 4 x 240v power points
Dual battery set-up (86ah battery) with intelligent 240v charger, plus split/charge system
Custom roof rack, with removable front and rear bar so we can carry canoes on the roof
Custom roof rack has storage channels underneath for big camping table
Side awning with attachable sides

We also use a drive away awning attached to the rear when longer-term camping.

Thats pretty much it really, there may be other mods in the future like a pull-out awning over the rear, but we'll see how it goes.

I'll try to dig out some more photo's of the interior and post them up....

psykokid

Explorer
my map shows that trail is a dead end? that true?

I make mid week runs into BB, just looking for some trails that interest me.

thx

No, it doesnt dead end, it connects with 1N05. If you look at the map there is a little spur that comes off the end of 1N37A and connects to 1N05. Like i said we ran it top down, bottom up would be a bit more fun, especially that spot where i have the pics of the d2 and the LR3 coming down. That is the only really difficult spot on the trail. The rest of it has some moderate obstacles / rocks here and there where you can take either a more challenging line or an easier line.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Thanks for the fast reply !

Thought those might be Blindo wheels :sombrero:

I like that anthracite colour, too.

Looks like you got all the nice stuff from (new) Dormobile :ylsmoke:

Sounds like all the mod cons, as you said...

Sure would like to see a photo of the storage cupboards from MSS (along with any others), please.

How's the diesel heater for noise, may I ask ?

Are the house batteries under the front seat ?

How's the underslung water tank in winter ?

Sorry for all the questions ;)

Looking forward to the photos :jumping:

Thanks for your interest..!

The wheels are indeed Blindo's, outrageously expensive, but i think they do look cool, and wouldn't swap back!

We have converted the 110 for family camping and it has....

Dormobile elevating roof with twin bunks at roof level
A set of four "fold flat" seats in lieu of the originals to make two further bunks "downstairs"
Eberspacher diesel heater
60 litre underslung water tank on the passenger (left hand) side with hand-pump tap inside
12v 45 litre Waeco compressor fridge
Storage cupboards from Mobile Storage Systems (UK company) and wardrobe from Dormobile, this is a copy of the 1960's version, but modified by me to have shelving and more storage in the bottom.
Cooker/grill on back door for use inside/outside
20 litre underslung LPG tank on the drivers (Right hand) side for cooker gas - this is perhaps overkill, but no issues with bottles runing out or gassifying problems in winter
240 volt electric hook up with 16a RCD and 4 x 240v power points
Dual battery set-up (86ah battery) with intelligent 240v charger, plus split/charge system
Custom roof rack, with removable front and rear bar so we can carry canoes on the roof
Custom roof rack has storage channels underneath for big camping table
Side awning with attachable sides

We also use a drive away awning attached to the rear when longer-term camping.

Thats pretty much it really, there may be other mods in the future like a pull-out awning over the rear, but we'll see how it goes.

I'll try to dig out some more photo's of the interior and post them up....

Steve UK

Adventurer
Hi all, I'm a newcomer to the forum, but a long, long time Land Rover fan, having had almost the full gamut of them in the past!
But here is my current and to be longest "serving" wagon. My 110 CSW that has been converted to a 4-berth Dormobile camper.

It wasn't quite finished in this pic, but 90% complete. It has had a few extra's since then and has a wide range of mod cons! Perfect for my family.

Nice truck 86inch, the wheels are great. On my wish list is a white set :)

I like the rack, do you think one would fit a defender90?

Looking forward to some up to date interior pictures.

Steve

86inch

The rack is Dormobile rack from Brownchurch. It would fit a 90, no problem. Brownchurch are very happy to make one-offs and custom racks. Their kit is fabulous and they are extremely nice people to deal with.

My Ebby has a single silencer, and the noise isn't too bad. Worse for those outside the car than us in it!
It certainly doesn't keep us awake at night :)

Steve UK

Adventurer
The rack is Dormobile rack from Brownchurch. It would fit a 90, no problem. Brownchurch are very happy to make one-offs and custom racks. Their kit is fabulous and they are extremely nice people to deal with.

My Ebby has a single silencer, and the noise isn't too bad. Worse for those outside the car than us in it!
It certainly doesn't keep us awake at night :)

Brownchurch, will look into that thanks.

Maybe 2 is overkill, ran it with nothing when I first installed it :eek: the inlet silencer is worth doing if you haven't already

Steve

psykokid

Explorer
Got up early this morning to check out a route that we were thinking of hitting later in December at night. Just some standard shelf fire road, but was fun none the less. We got the first snow of the season in the mountains above the LA area on friday. We managed to hit the snow level at about 5000 feet. A fun leisurely drive but not quite what we had in mind for our night run..

IMG_3821.JPG

IMG_3805.JPG

IMG_3804.JPG

IMG_3813.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal