Project "UHAULER"

UHAULER

Explorer
Is your plan to make it removable? Big windows!

I plan on leaving it on . It is removable but it is bolted in quite a few places so it would take a while to get it off. It is a dedicated camper for now.

I wanted big windows for a more open feeling inside and for good cross ventilation. One of the things I don't like about most campers is that there is only one decent sized window on one side, and IMO you need more.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Good call on the mongo window. Along with my 4x4 van, I have a 1972 17' Prowler RV camper trailer, and the thing I really love about it is all the crank out windows. I back that sucker right down next to the river to camp and when i wake in the morning its coffee in bed while I'm looking straight out the huge front and side windows seeing nothing but river and mountain.

Nice move.

UHAULER

Explorer
I made some progress this weekend. For a few weeks it seemed to be on hold but i managed to get something done. This is the framework for the bed/storage. The frame is 1" x .073 sq. tube and the plywood is .300 covered with indoor/outdoor carpet.

P5180003.jpg

P5180004.jpg

P5180006.jpg

P5180008.jpg

UHAULER

Explorer
I made a little more progress this weekend. I installed the frame for the bed/storage. and made these trim panels for the sides to cover the bolts and protect the fabric of the cushions. They aren't mounted yet,just resting there for the pics.

P6010006copy.jpg

P6010003copy.jpg

P6010007copy.jpg

P6010008copy.jpg

Cody1771

Explorer
awsome camper. one thing i would have done differentlythough is taken the truck in to have the bed rhino lined first.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Don't know if it fits with what you have planned, but if you are planning on carrying your bike inside the camper you could make a raised floor about 3-4" high that opens up with two hinged panels. Inside that on the very bottom bolt a channel for your bike's wheels and some tie down points.
Travelling, the bike is in the back with the two floor panels folded open. Get to your destination, take out the bike, and close the floor panels to have your living space.

UHAULER

Explorer
Some updates.
Antichrist, that is a cool idea but there is just enough headroom with the regular floor.

I had the cushions made by James at Carmichael Upholstery, very nice guy. If you need any upholstery done in the Sacramento area give him a call.916-961-2199

Right now it is almost completly sealed up, just a few small things to do.

I need to make a removable support for the center bed cushions and it will at least be usable. The bed is KING size 71"x84":wings:

P6210001copy.jpg

P6210008copy.jpg

P6210002copy.jpg

P6210011copy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy