RotopaX Gas Can Mounting Pictures (please)

jtpaintball70

Adventurer
Not sure I'd want that can mounted so low on the back of my truck. You get rear ended and that gas is going everywhere, not to mention fear of it igniting too. Would be safer in the bed of your truck.

Gas itself isn't too flammable, it's the vapors that'll kill you. But I agree, I would want it inboard with a mount like that, not facing outwards.

ih8pepl

Im gonna hijack this thread a bit for my own personal application.

What do you all think of mounting Rotopax above the driver/passenger seats? In my case on a jeeps sun roof insert. Im limited on space when the ARB tent is on.

Yay or Nay? Obviously it would only be a concern if I rolled... but at least I would go out with a bang.

13884100296_11d9c4cc4f_c.jpg

13907271073_72c9bdff32_c.jpg

Last edited:

Chris Boyd

Explorer

What do you all think of mounting Rotopax above the driver/passenger seats? In my case on a jeeps sun roof insert. Im limited on space when the ARB tent is on.

Yay or Nay? Obviously it would only be a concern if I rolled... but at least I would go out with a bang.

I mount Jerry cans on the front using the front runner bracket, couldn't see why you wouldn't mount rotopax up front. I doubt rolling would be as big an issue as a frontal impact. But then the other guy would be wearing them!

dstock

Explorer

I mounted mine in exactly the same place, I'm not a fan of the rear mount for the rear-ending factor, especially living in Los Angeles, doh!

kb7our

Explorer
Do you have an aftermarket tire carrier? That's an awful lot of weight for the factory mount and tailgate hinges.

No, just bungeed on and besides they're just for show and never used :elkgrin:

Full Teraflex carrier which handles everything just great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal