RotopaX Gas Can Mounting Pictures (please)

Dennx

Adventurer
I'll be using these when I have my roof top tent in use. Normally I mount my Rotopax on the roof rack.

http://www.rebeloffroad.com/product-p/rs-2tb.htm

RS-2TB-3.jpg

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
If you are one who dislikes the "new" spouts sold with fuel cans...
I've taken to just sticking a Super Syphon in and fueling that way...

stioc

Expedition Leader
_DSC0793_zpsd0e0e8d5.jpg

I have mine on the roof rack but am I the only one that finds using the standard mounts to be a pain, literally? I tighten it down as hard as I can trying to get the lock to seat over the nubs and as soon as it clicks in I find it's still not tight enough. In hindsight I should've bought the deluxe mounts but I ended up using a ratchet strap. I think I'm going to make my own mount similar to the battery hold-downs using angle iron and a couple of J hooks.

I don't have a closeup pic of them but they're on the right, two 3gal fuel cans stacked on top of each other. The one on the left is a 1gal lawn mower gas can I brought along for good measure as we were traveling through Death Valley and there was no gas for our 2.5 days trek.

toddz69

Explorer
I have mine on the roof rack but am I the only one that finds using the standard mounts to be a pain, literally? I tighten it down as hard as I can trying to get the lock to seat over the nubs and as soon as it clicks in I find it's still not tight enough.

No, you're not the only one. I think anyone that uses them for any length of time quickly learns that they need some extra help in getting them tight enough. After my first trip, I whipped up a tool that I carry in the door pocket of my truck to release the dogbone. A pair of Channelocks works fine too.

Todd Z.

latch1.JPGlatch2.JPG

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
20131228_141559-1.jpg20131228_150720.jpg20131228_151555.jpg
Picked up the spare tire mounts from Dennx. Had to mount them high so I wouldn't cover the brake lights or interfere with the tire swinging all the way out

Last edited:

kmacafee

Adventurer
Rotopax mounting

Image.jpg

Its hard to see in the picture but I have three mounted to my Aluminess Box. One on each side and one mounted between the box and the tailgate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3