seanpistol's 01 Tundra

Blender

Adventurer
What's the low down on the intake extension? Any complaints? What's it made out of? I'm in need of something similar.

seanpistol

Explorer
Trimmed the front fenders. The line is much neater than it appears. It looks jagged because of different thicknesses of paint ground off the top. The cut if very clean, smooth, and even. I'm going to wait until a 35 is mounted with the coilover pulled to see if I need to trim any further, then paint where there is none and cover the line with a piece of black auto trim. 2 1/4" removed around the top, 1 1/2" against the door.

The holes for mounting the flares will be plugged with shaved and painted to match plastic snaps.

Blender

Adventurer
Haha, what's up with your truck? Did you do long travel and a bed bob?

Front is done except bump stops. Truck gets dropped off August 4th to have everything else finished at once: 12" Bob, rear plate bumper, shackle flip, rear shocks, front air bumps.

The trimmed fenders are looking great.

EscapeDivision

Damn, this is gonna be sweet on 35s! Love your truck, man. Yours is one of the main reasons I decided to start in on my Tundra, instead of buying an older 4Runner to build on. I love seeing the progress!

seanpistol

Explorer
Haha... love the "expo" marker. Was that intentional or coincidental?

Haha! I used the Expo brand dry erase marker to visualize my fender cuts, but funny to think about the Expo marker on Expedition Portal. It was not intentional.

Front is done except bump stops. Truck gets dropped off August 4th to have everything else finished at once: 12" Bob, rear plate bumper, shackle flip, rear shocks, front air bumps.

The trimmed fenders are looking great.

Thanks! What bumps are you going with? Ran across this photo you posted on TS, can't wait to see it done... I've had the thoughts of a bed bob, and with a tire swingout I'd probably have more space in the bed than I currently do...

tg8iMtll.png

Damn, this is gonna be sweet on 35s! Love your truck, man. Yours is one of the main reasons I decided to start in on my Tundra, instead of buying an older 4Runner to build on. I love seeing the progress!

Thanks a lot! I took this photo for you since I saw you ordered a Brute Force Fab bumper. They're definitely made for the width of the big flares and since I've removed mine, I'll likely trim it. Might want to contact Billy and see if he can make it narrower for you!

EscapeDivision

Awesome, thanks! I had considered that, but didn't think it'd really look too bad... But I like the line you have there. I'll probably give him a ring tonight or tomorrow and see if we can make something like that happen.

Thanks again man!

seanpistol

Explorer
It's not terribly, but it certainly looks off, especially when viewed from near the door. I'm going to modify mine. Let me know if you'd like any additional photos.

seanpistol

Explorer
Got the fenders back off, the truck on jackstands, carpet pulled up inside, coilover removed, a 35 mounted, and an angle grinder in hand........

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL