Snow Peak Addiction

Lennart

Adventurer
I think that the thickness will present an issue....

Yep, that is the problem. I have a spare Large bag and put the Mytable in it. It fits in nicely, but the table end takes up most of the width of the bag. Stuffing the Fireplace in is going to be very tight and you will end up damaging the Mytable.

SfnACa.jpg

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
OK thanks guys! Yet another piece to pack then :/

Do you drive a 200 series with a drawer system? On the 100 series with most drawer systems, there is s space between the drawers and the tailgate (when its up). You can fit a couple my tables in there like it was made for it! ;)

Last edited:

JamesC

Adventurer
Thanks for the suggestion but lots of problems with that arrangement :)

Got two new pieces of iron just in time for it to warm up around here. The snow peak cast iron really is quality. Also, finally got a potjie after years of watching their use

i-nQdqdCB-L.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Gin Kenvin

Kodiak and Snow Peak set up.

This is my simple set up with Snow Peak fire pit in front of my Kodiak Canvas tent and Kitchen Tent from Kodiak.

GQ.jpg

BillJones

Just picked up the snow peak 26cm cast iron pot. Anyone have any good recipes I should try. Especially interested if anyone has figured out a good way to use the combo of the pot in the pot. Thinking of trying chili in the bottom with cornbread in the top pot.

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
IGT Cutting Board made from Richlite

I am planning to get a Richlite Cutting Board made for my IGT table. For those who don't know this amazing cutting board material, it is made in Tacoma, WA, and it is a highly durable but knife friendly, sustainable paper composite. Same material that Epicurean uses. I just wanted to put a feeler out there to see if anyone else would be interested in a set. I have used it in my kitchen for many years and I also recently included a small set in my latest product, The Field Knife Set. The cutting board will be very similar to the IGT Bamboo S Insert. PM me if you're interested.

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
You should try Shakshouka. Tunisian breakfast of champions.

Just picked up the snow peak 26cm cast iron pot. Anyone have any good recipes I should try. Especially interested if anyone has figured out a good way to use the combo of the pot in the pot. Thinking of trying chili in the bottom with cornbread in the top pot.

Shakshuka-Side-View-2-640x480.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
you can also do made to order :) for a single space would be just under $30
http://www.epicureancommercial.com/made-to-order-cutting-boards

if you love that material
for a cutting board the camp one could be a good way to go since its thinner and lighter ?
http://www.epicureancs.com/campseries.php

then just use it on top of the aluminum inserts ?

for me I did a quick custom fit cutting board and works nice as a way to fill up the space but found over time I prefer the stainless panels since I can truly put any temp item on it and when I want a cutting board for camping the thin bendy ones on top of that are great as I can move them around easy and or to another table and not be left with a hole in my table

so really found I use my custom fit board for a filler and prefer a separate true cutting /prep board :)

I am planning to get a Richlite Cutting Board made for my IGT table. For those who don't know this amazing cutting board material, it is made in Tacoma, WA, and it is a highly durable but knife friendly, sustainable paper composite. Same material that Epicurean uses. I just wanted to put a feeler out there to see if anyone else would be interested in a set. I have used it in my kitchen for many years and I also recently included a small set in my latest product, The Field Knife Set. The cutting board will be very similar to the IGT Bamboo S Insert. PM me if you're interested.

Chris Boyd

Explorer

I love/hate this thread. Nice knives!

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
The Epicurean custom board in the IGT S size would be $56 and 3/8" is too thick for Richlite. I prefer 1/4" thickness for Richlite as it is very dense and gets too heavy when its thicker than 1/4".

My current Richlite boards for the Field Knife Set are 1/4" so I was just going to make a larger version that fits the IGT table.

Richlite boards can withstand up to 350F so they can be used as a coaster, unlike plastic boards.

I can't stand plastic cutting boards, flimsy ones in particular. Personal preference.

you can also do made to order :) for a single space would be just under $30
http://www.epicureancommercial.com/made-to-order-cutting-boards

if you love that material
for a cutting board the camp one could be a good way to go since its thinner and lighter ?
http://www.epicureancs.com/campseries.php

then just use it on top of the aluminum inserts ?

for me I did a quick custom fit cutting board and works nice as a way to fill up the space but found over time I prefer the stainless panels since I can truly put any temp item on it and when I want a cutting board for camping the thin bendy ones on top of that are great as I can move them around easy and or to another table and not be left with a hole in my table

so really found I use my custom fit board for a filler and prefer a separate true cutting /prep board :)

Honu

lost on the mainland
you are talking about a 2 space then not a single :) a single space would be $30 double is about $60
a unit or space in IGT speak is 14x10 so a double is 14x20
and yes on 3/8 thickness :)

your idea could be a great option for the bamboo as long as it does not need support under it :)

while built in cutting boards sound cool and looks cool but in real world does not work IMHO a separate cutting board is the way to go whatever material you choose :)

if you use a separate board you can make it take up not only the 14 inches but the extra space for a 20 x20 inch if you wanted for a 2 space
also if it was full of raw red meat juices or chicken or whatever and you flip it for a clean surface then that stuff is dripping down and again getting into the IGT frame etc.. and all over the ground which for some might prefer not attracting critters that way ? small thing but something to think about also when you want to clean your board you loose your counter and now have a big hole till its back ?

even with bread and veggies and stuff once again the junk getting into the tracks can kinda become a pain and something else to clean up that can be avoided ?

weight for me is a key thing every bit ads up so again would rather have almost indestructible stainless inserts with a thin cutting board again any material you want AND I can move it and still have my table surface that withstands any heat in the IGT and not be limited in size and location of it in/on the IGT :)

again not knocking the material as a cutting surface :) over 100s of meals I have cooked on the IGT built in cutting boards are not the best idea :) IMHO :)

The Epicurean custom board in the IGT S size would be $56 and 3/8" is too thick for Richlite. I prefer 1/4" thickness for Richlite as it is very dense and gets too heavy when its thicker than 1/4".

My current Richlite boards for the Field Knife Set are 1/4" so I was just going to make a larger version that fits the IGT table.

Richlite boards can withstand up to 350F so they can be used as a coaster, unlike plastic boards.

I can't stand plastic cutting boards, flimsy ones in particular. Personal preference.

Last edited:

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
I'm talking about the S size (11" x 14") which I assume is the small, single unit. Epicurean charges $34 for that size + a $25 custom fee per board. That's where my total $ came from. I however am going to use my own vendor and we will use 1/4" material.

Keep in mind that Richlite is also a countertop material in addition to being a cutting board material so there's really no harm in making it an IGT insert. I hear what you're saying and I agree it's good to have individual cutting boards in addition to an insert but in my mind you can't have too many cutting surfaces. We'll see how it goes. I have past profession experience in working in restaurant kitchens and I have been doing product design and development professionally for the past 14 years so I'm sure that between the two I can figure out what works best for me. ;)

I just got my IGT table last year so I'm very much in the process of tuning my layout. I have a 20" Partner Stove that I'm also trying to integrate into the table as well. It's a little awkward with the non-removable windscreen so that's another problem to solve as well.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
I'm talking about the S size (11" x 14") which I assume is the small, single unit. Epicurean charges $34 for that size + a $25 custom fee per board. That's where my total $ came from. I however am going to use my own vendor and we will use 1/4" material.

Keep in mind that Richlite is also a countertop material in addition to being a cutting board material so there's really no harm in making it an IGT insert. I hear what you're saying and I agree it's good to have individual cutting boards in addition to an insert but in my mind you can't have too many cutting surfaces. We'll see how it goes. I have past profession experience in working in restaurant kitchens and I have been doing product design and development professionally for the past 14 years so I'm sure that between the two I can figure out what works best for me. ;)

I just got my IGT table last year so I'm very much in the process of tuning my layout. I have a 20" Partner Stove that I'm also trying to integrate into the table as well. It's a little awkward with the non-removable windscreen so that's another problem to solve as well.

For the Partner Stove just take a piece of aluminum L and cut 2 pieces to the inside width diameter of the IGT table. Using the L brackets to span the width you can simple rest the stove on the brackets. I store the L brackets inside the stove when not being used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner