So, I miss my LJ....

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Just my luck. Everything I ordered has to be dropped shipped from the mfg.
They had none of it in stock at their florida warehouse. So the wait begins.:costumed-smiley-007

thats interesting. Was there an estimate given?

Hope it still works out.

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Well , it looks like it only took them an extra day to ship. items should be here Monday/Tuesday.
Thanks for the site , Brian.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Haven't updated in a while, since I haven't had much time or $$ for udgrades other than my thermostat and coolant hoses a couple weeks ago.

I finally finished the install and wiring of my air compressor, tonight, though. Yay! Now, I can blow up as many airbeds as my wife wants without having a heart attack..haha!

I wired it with an inline fuse straight to the battery. There's a relay in the compressor itself, so I didn't feel like I had to put one inline to keep the voltage up.

The wiring is through a grommet in the firewall, across the underside of the dash and then under the doorsill trim for a nice clean look.

I mounted my compressor in the cavity on the passenger side cargo panel for easy access. The feet are rubber mounted and once I fired it up, I was very happy with the amount of sound (very little) that comes from the unit. It has a ton of room and is spaced such that any heat generated will be dissapated(sp) quickly.

So far:
-Changed oil/filter
-dumped a bottle of injector cleaner
-changed serpentine belt
-changed fuel filter
-New Distributer cap
-New rotor
-New plug wires
-New Spark plugs
-Painted flares and body
-New Radiator, with associated coolant flush
-trailer hitch and wire hookup
-front bull bar/winch mount
-Awning
-Installed and wired On-board compressor

Planned

-safari snorkel
-winch
-rock sliders
-low profile roof rack
-CB radio
-2m radio
-adj. lower control arms
-JKS Quicker disconnects
-8.25 OR 8.8 rearend
-new HD steering
-Tcase skid
-New Tint

Last edited:

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Did you put your Jeep up for sale on CL? I saw some of your pictures up???

yup, we're still seriously talking about getting a bigger rig.

wrenching is a hobby, so I'm not going to stop working and improving this one even if I decide to sell...:)...and now I know how to wire a compressor! It was totally fun.

Lots of calls, but too many lowball offers, so might hold onto it for a while longer.

-B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk