Spy photo of new AT Trailer

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
spressomon said:
The Kamparoo features a queen size mattress...are you thinking you will retain this size Martyn? And if I remember correctly even though it's "only" a queen size mattress there are a couple inches of additional width space on either side...

Fitting a 63 inch wide queen size mattress is our goal.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
I like to oogle Brads trailer, but honestly, we are very happy with our bare bones Horizon. The only thing that both my wife and myself like better about the new trailer is that awesome tent/changing room setup with optional awnings. That, for us, would be the selling point. The toilets and showers and kitchens are nice, but for the most part can be sourced later and added to the kit as need and money dictate.

I really like the tent setup guys!

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Honu said:
deal breakers for me would be to small bed for family of 2 adults and 2 little ones

I'm in the same boat...

Maybe some slide out mattress that tucks away nicely and can be pulled out for use?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Mlachica said:
I'm in the same boat...

Maybe some slide out mattress that tucks away nicely and can be pulled out for use?

A lot of families with clamshell trailers just put cots on the hard floor at the foot of the bed for the kiddos.

Honu

lost on the mainland
yeah I figure I wont see a wide bed anytime soon :(

our little ones chances are will want to climb in with us :)

would be nice though if it could be done and remain narrow I keep thinking of a dinning room table theory of a leave that is below the main and you pull out the two halves and a center pops up then the canvas would just be made to be that wider width
downsides of course would be that it might cut into the under bed storage space that is so common on these types

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Honu said:
yeah I figure I wont see a wide bed anytime soon :(

our little ones chances are will want to climb in with us :)

would be nice though if it could be done and remain narrow I keep thinking of a dinning room table theory of a leave that is below the main and you pull out the two halves and a center pops up then the canvas would just be made to be that wider width
downsides of course would be that it might cut into the under bed storage space that is so common on these types

A pull out extra bed would be cool but your right, it would rob you of the under bed storage. I love having all my clothes stored under my bed in my trailer. Cool idea though, maybe an optional trade off for those with a need. :sombrero:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Maybe if we throw enough ideas at them we'll keep them stuck in a never ending develoment fog.:rockon:

Bergger

Explorer
Although we are not in the market, just bought a Chaser from you guys, and it provides just about every thing we need/want. The new concept looks like it is shaping up to be a great trailer as long as you keep the weight and dimensions proper. The last thing you want to end up with is a Coleman type "offroad" trailer. However, it looks like you are headed in the right direction. As you mentioned earlier Martyn, you guys can customize your trailers to whatever extent the buyer wants and can pay for. I suggest you minimize the base trailer. This allows the most flexibility for the buyer and opens the trailer up to a wider customer base. For the base trailer I suggest.

1. comfy matress, 4" dual density foam, no inflatable type matresses
2. The rest is open storage!

Keep the base trailer simple with the ability to mod to your wallets content.

Good luck and can't wait to see the final product!

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Bergger said:
Although we are not in the market, just bought a Chaser from you guys, and it provides just about every thing we need/want. The new concept looks like it is shaping up to be a great trailer as long as you keep the weight and dimensions proper. The last thing you want to end up with is a Coleman type "offroad" trailer. However, it looks like you are headed in the right direction. As you mentioned earlier Martyn, you guys can customize your trailers to whatever extent the buyer wants and can pay for. I suggest you minimize the base trailer. This allows the most flexibility for the buyer and opens the trailer up to a wider customer base. For the base trailer I suggest.

1. comfy matress, 4" dual density foam, no inflatable type matresses
2. The rest is open storage!

Keep the base trailer simple with the ability to mod to your wallets content.

Good luck and can't wait to see the final product!

I'm in agreement on a simple design for the base model. We can have modules that could be added in the case of water heaters, showers, etc.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Martyn said:
I'm in agreement on a simple design for the base model. We can have modules that could be added in the case of water heaters, showers, etc.
A base model with provisions for easy upgrades would suit me to the Tee.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
spressomon said:
How loud (or quiet) is your air heater? Can you easily sleep with it on and pumping warm air into the tent?

It depends on how hard you are running it. The more demand you put on it the higher the fan speed and more pump action you hear. Typically the pump fan starts up high and then slows down significantly. It has never impacted my ability to sleep but that may be a bourbon issue. :sombrero:

Seriously, the fan is pretty quiet and the pump is a distant click, click sound that is minimal. When you know how cold it is outside, the heater noise doesn't even exist.

OS-Aussie

Adventurer
Well if it's a wish list how about a Diesel cooktop to go with the heater

products_cooker_x100_192x132.jpg

http://www.webasto.com.au/am/en/am_rv_cooker.html

and maybe upgrade to this heater / hot water system

product_hot_water_system_layout_462x256.jpg

http://www.webasto.com.au/am/en/am_rv_calorifiers.html

Then we just need the diesel fired toilet, but that maybe a little too big to fit.

Last edited:

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Tucson T4R said:
It depends on how hard you are running it. The more demand you put on it the higher the fan speed and more pump action you hear. Typically the pump fan starts up high and then slows down significantly. It has never impacted my ability to sleep but that may be a bourbon issue. :sombrero:

Seriously, the fan is pretty quiet and the pump is a distant click, click sound that is minimal. When you know how cold it is outside, the heater noise doesn't even exist.
That reminds me of our Arctic Fox, about the time you started getting cold you would hear the forced air heat come on and fall back to sleep knowing you would be warm soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach