TDeSanto's Montero Mod Thread

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
olympiccop2002 said:
Maybe you can find someone to import this rear bumper for you... Australians have all the fun! :)

http://www.oppositelock.com.au/detail.asp?dxdeptid=7&ixcatid=7&ixkey=7761

Bjorn

That looks pretty sweet. I might just have to do that. I'd rather opt for a single tire carrier and then add jerry can holders on the other side and a pull-pal mount as well.

But damn, that's a great start. I've looked and looked and never found one for my truck.

Thanks so much for posting that!

:26_34_3:

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
olympiccop2002 said:
Here is another option...

http://www.allterrain4x4.com.au/content/view/20/40/

It says that it is made for the Pajero NM which is the Montero here I guess. Website says that they will build to suit your personal requirements. :wings:

Bjorn

Bjorn,

Thanks again for another really great find.:D Australia really does have all the cool stuff for this truck.

Now, I'm definitely going to need to find that money tree.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Rear bumpers.

tdesanto said:
Now, I'm definitely going to need to find that money tree.

Tony,
Here is a tip: spray the money tree with lots of Miracle-Gro Quick Start!

Perhaps you should buy a welder and make your own. It's loads of fun, but not as fast as buying one. I'm about half way now on my build.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
p1michaud said:
Tony,
...Perhaps you should buy a welder and make your own...

I think that's the plan right now. As tempting as those other options are, I'm sure that would run quite a bit of $, plus the shipping would seriously add to the overall cost.

Tony,

Here are some pictures of the rear bumper from opposite lock.

SWBPAJ-4.jpg

SWBPAJ-3.jpg

SWBPAJ-2.jpg

SWBPAJ-1.jpg

Bjorn

Last edited:

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Bjorn,

Thanks for the photos. Those are too cool. They did exactly what I was thinking on the sides--removing the tupperware and replacing with metal. Same as the rear bumper that Redline has on his 4-runner.

Spikepretorius

Explorer
There are a few companies in South Africa which make similar bumpers and you could possibly save a buck or two with the exchange rate. You'd get a bumper for anything between ZAR8000 and ZAR15000 depending on spec. That's the ballpark. Do a Rand/Dollar conversion and see if it's worthwhile.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Spikepretorius said:
There are a few companies in South Africa which make similar bumpers and you could possibly save a buck or two with the exchange rate. You'd get a bumper for anything between ZAR8000 and ZAR15000 depending on spec. That's the ballpark. Do a Rand/Dollar conversion and see if it's worthwhile.

Well, as of day, that would be somewhere between $1200-2200, and that's before I put it on a boat.

Thanks, Spike, for the info. Do you have any links to companies that produce these?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater